Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change UI style Camera Raw

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

when I opened Camera Raw, the program offered me to choose between two UI styles, new (New ACR Default) and old (Vertical Filmstrip and single panels), I chose a new one, but I don’t like it, now I don’t know how to choose the old style.

Help me please change to the old style (Vertical Filmstrip and single panels).

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Many users have misinterpreted that message. What it really indicated was that the new default position for the thumbnails in Camera Raw is along the bottom of the screen and that if you wanted to change the position of the thumbnails it is possible to do that. You can do that by clicking on the little icon in the lower left-hand corner of the Camera Raw interface. There is NO option to go back to the old Camera Raw interface. If you right-click on one of the panel headings such as Basic, it's p

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many users have misinterpreted that message. What it really indicated was that the new default position for the thumbnails in Camera Raw is along the bottom of the screen and that if you wanted to change the position of the thumbnails it is possible to do that. You can do that by clicking on the little icon in the lower left-hand corner of the Camera Raw interface. There is NO option to go back to the old Camera Raw interface. If you right-click on one of the panel headings such as Basic, it's possible to choose the option "Single Panel Mode", which will cause all panels to collapse except for the panel you are currently using. But that's about as good as it gets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to restore the old style of the Camera Raw

is to wait until Adobe fix it and will it be possible to switch to the old style?

Do you know when Adobe will fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to 'fix'. As outlined, the new UI is what it is, you have an option where to place Thumbnails now. 

You can revert to the last version or you can move foward with the new. If you wish to revert, Installers can be found here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

As to the question, does anyone know when (fill in the blank), those that do are under NDA and will not answer that kind of question. Those that don't know and not under NDA will tell you all kinds of things you should simply ignore. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why when something is great switched to something is annoying and nobody like it ?!
Before it was great and easy to use now its really annoying open one and collapse one its not easy to work on it 

i really dont understand but adobe is femous for this things they like to annoying users in everyway they can 

really dissapointed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be new here. Adobe changes their interfaces all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Bar24295041xofm wrote:

i really dont understand but adobe is femous for this things they like to annoying users in everyway they can 

really dissapointed 

Adobe customers hate two things: Change and the way things are. 

In addition, when they make changes, they document them so it's a very good idea to read the release notes (RTFM). 

Lastly, no one forces users to update. Turn off Auto Update in Adobe Creative Cloud, you can live with the version nearly 'forever'. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just another Adobe customer like yourself. Don't have any connection with the company whatsoever. If there is going to be a fix it will be available when/if Adobe decides to make it available. Such developments are never announced in advance. You will be notified along with everyone else when/if that fix becomes available. There will be another update to Camera Raw because it will be necessary to provide support for new cameras. Whether or not the UI will change remains to be seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the new UI doesn't suit you, as do many other users, including me, you can revert to the previous version of ACR. Download from https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines