• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColorChecker Passport profile vs Camera Raw 9.1.1 / 11.0.0

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have ColorChecker Passport profile (DCP file) made for my Nikon D7000. I used it with ACR 9.1.1 in Photoshop CS 6. After switching for new Photoshop CC with new ACR 11.0.0 noticed that it doesn't work. DCP file is in the right folder (c:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\...) but when I'm comparing files opened with old ACR, there is difference.

compared.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are newer Process versions* since CS 6.

Go into ACR, select the Calibration tab (3rd from right) and make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

After you've verified that issue please let us know what you find and we can go from there.

*Process versions are the way that demozaicing is done on the raw image, or rather how to interpret the data. This has improved substantially over the years but often there are differences to the user as to how it looks from past observations. You can select previous PVs so that you can re-match older looks in case a client wants a copy of an image made from a previous PV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm aware of that (in old ACR they were called 2003-2012, now they are numbered 1-5). Of course I tried all of them, still it wasn't helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see the what camera profile is selected in ACR 11 for the CR2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing, it's NEF (Nikon raw format) not CR2. Second, selected profile is mine, made with Colorchecker...
What is that question?! Have you read my post at all?!

profile.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mainly wanted to see if you were using a LUT with your custom profile.

Looking at the side-by-side in the original message, I’m suspicious there is something wrong with the display of the JPG, where there might be a mismatched profile when displaying in PS because the colors look so pale compared to the NEF that looks normal. Do you have profile-mismatch warnings turned on in PS, or could you be viewing a ProPhotoRGB or AdobeRGB JPG with sRGB set as your profile in PS without warnings turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Things you wrote, your questions caused me to doubt in your professionalism and more, suggestions that I don't know what am I doing really makes me angry...

For other people struggling with the same problem:

What I found out after research and experiments on ACR/LR is that in my case (Nikon D7000) it's not possible to open NEF with camera embedded profile in actual ACR/LR. By camera embedded profile I mean physical camera profile (for example embedded in preview JPG). Maybe more simple (sorry for my lame english) - there is no way to make ACR/LR convert your RAW/NEF same way camera made it by default to JPG preview file. Actual ACR/LR "camera standard" option doesn't match. You can try some manual modifications of course but there is no default preset/process matching physical, internal camera profile with your ACR/LR output...

Now, the ColorChecker thing. Above example (my first post) shows that despite using the ColorChecker DCP profile, new ACR processing way affects the colour and you can do nothing about it... If I want to keep consistency in my workflow/photos I need to roll back to older software due to RAW processing subtlety.

Besides my professional workflow I found very unsatisfying and inconvenient that I'm not able to open my RAW files as close as possible to what I have in JPG preview/camera LCD screen (without doing any manual modifications).

That's all folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines