• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour discrepancy between PS cc and ACR

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to re-install all programs on my PC, hence I have, I believe the latest versions of CC (19.1.1) and ACR (10.2.1.895).

It's a bit of a nightmare restoring all your preferences and settings, and one I can't manage to get right means that JPEGs opened with the ACR filter in Photoshop have a distinctly more saturated (redder) tone than the Photoshop image. (I use the ACR filter as a simple, do-everything correction tool for JPEG snaps - my RAW files seem better, but still not identical.)

For the purposes of the jpegs, I have set the colour space to sRGB in PS, although the version of ACR which opens when I use the Filter>ACR option gas no link for ACR settings at the bottom, just "cancel" and "OK" buttons, so no way of seeing what the settings in ACR area.

Obviously I am missing something - it's so long since I have had to alter any of my PS workflow that I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm not that experienced beyond fairly basic PS use, so if you have any idea what IO am doing wrong please try to keep it simple!

I have seen variations on this problem on the forums, but nothing quite the same.

Iain

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

This sounds like a defective monitor profile. Are you on Windows 10 by any chance? It's known to install low quality monitor profiles when doing updates.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB. Go to Control panel > Color management, add the sRGB profile, then set it as Default.

Make sure Use my settings for this device is checked. Restart Photoshop for the change to take effect.

If this fixes the problem, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator, which will create a pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a defective monitor profile. Are you on Windows 10 by any chance? It's known to install low quality monitor profiles when doing updates.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB. Go to Control panel > Color management, add the sRGB profile, then set it as Default.

Make sure Use my settings for this device is checked. Restart Photoshop for the change to take effect.

If this fixes the problem, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator, which will create a profile that accurately describes your monitor.

the version of ACR which opens when I use the Filter>ACR option gas no link for ACR settings at the bottom, just "cancel" and "OK" buttons, so no way of seeing what the settings in ACR area.

ACR and the Camera Raw filter are two different things.

ACR is designed for raw files, and the Workflow options are required because some decisions have to made about how the new, rendered file should be rendered. Like color space, bit depth and dimensions.

The Camera Raw filter is designed for files that have already been rendered (like jpg, tiff, etc), so the Workflow options are not relevant.

IOW, the Camera Raw filter works like any other filter in the Filter menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can say no more than many thanks for this simple,clear and 100% correct response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines