• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Lumix TZ90 RW2 files to .dng with Adobe DNG Converter

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently changed camera from Panasonic Lumix TZ80 to TZ90, which also produces JPEG and RAW images. Have long used Adobe DNG Converter (version 9.4.0.548) to convert TZ80 RW2 images to .dng for editing etc in Photoshop Elements 12 (in Windows 7). That converter will not convert the TZ90 RW2 images (apparently same format as TZ80 RW2 images). Have tried downloading current Adobe DNG Converter version (12.2.1?) but it will not install and open for testing on RW2 files. Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that the DNG converter will not install, or it won't download and convert the raw files from the TZ90? I have looked at the list of supported cameras for Lightroom and Camera Raw, which is the same for the DNG converter. I don't see that camera model listed. If that is the case then it will be necessary to wait for an update. I could have overlooked the model, so here is a link to the list of supported cameras, and you can check for yourself.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html#Supportedcameramodels 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that - but it is there: do a filter for Panasonic and 16th in the list is Lumix DC-ZS70, which, as I read it, includes DC-TZ90 (plus TZ91,92 and 93 models). So, that does not appear to be the problem.

I have (apparently) downloaded DNG Converter 12.2.1 but noticed the file seems much smaller than the original, then tried installing but that doesn't seem to work and it won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, I missed that. If you are referring to the installation file being smaller then I would suggest downloading that file again and see if you can get a good one this time. If you are referring to something else then please clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem resolved - or at least cicumvented. Downloaded an earlier version of DNG Converter (11.2.1) and that seems to do what I need.

I did try downloading 12.2.1 (and 12.3, which appeared to be the latest version - ?) several times and still could not get it/them to install etc. Once apparently installed then going for opening simply sent me back to install. Also got message "Can't start because MSVCP140.dll missing from computer - reinstall". Tried installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015-2019, based on advice from friend, but that didn't help/work.

So, frustrating and not wholly successful - with no understanding about any of it - but at least I can convert my TZ90 RW2 images!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest doing a web search on just that DLL. Seems that there are links for downloading it. Didn't really follow them because I don't need it. But it might help resolve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines