• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying ACR Presets from one PC to another

Advocate ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created some of the new adaptive presets using ACR 12.4 and they work fine.

When I copy them to my second Windows 10 PC they do not work correctly and appear as "partially compatible" presets.

Additionally presets which are NOT adaptive copy across ok and work without issue.

I copied them using Windows file explorer. Is that my mistake or is there a deeper issue here?

What is the accepted way to copy presets from one PC to another?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ACR, I'd suggest you use the Export Preset contextual command which Zip's the preset. Then use the Import on the other end (which should unzip and install it). That might work better? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I am not familiar with the Export Preset contextual command.

I have Camera Raw open but I am unable to find it - in the Presets Panel I can only find Import Profiles & Presets.

Are you able to point me in the correct direction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export all of them into a single .zip file by context clicking on the User Presets header in the UI partially outlined below, and picking "Export Presets Group...".

Preset.jpg

You can them import that .zip file on a different machine using the "Import Profiles and Presets..." command and picking that same .zip file.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your trouble, you have been a great help. Have now located the Export Preset Group command as you kindly explained and will give this a try to see if it solves my original problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to thank you for your assistance with this issue. What you suggested worked perfectly.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines