• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CR Plugin unresponsive

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, i have this issue. and a lot of people here have the same issue. and still no fix. someone say 'clean camera raw cache' and some say 'disable graphic processor', some say 'save file on the desktop and open from there' but actually the issue is far from solved.

ps doesnt care about those workarounds. i will post the always-working steps leading to the odd freeze. 

- open an image (not raw) or create new document.

- convert a layer to a smart object.

- open camera raw filter.

- the little window about camera raw progress is on front, click on the real camera raw window and the progress bar will go to background. camera raw now works.

- switch to whatever app you want, safari, finder, not important.

- once the camera raw window looses focus, is will not work from now on. buttons are greyed out, even ESC on your keyboard will not work. the only way to come back to your image is to force quit photoshop, and open a saved copy.

raw images opened with ps let you work on camera raw even if you switch app. and when you actually open the object and re-open camera raw, it still works. so it seems the problem is just the plugin on non-raw images. if adobe sais 'do not use camera raw on smart objects, use it only on raw images' disabling this feature on non-raw, fine. not really, but it could be at least some response. 

i've seen a lot of posts about this bug, some are like 2 years old.

can we hope for a proper solution? or do we pay real money every month for something broken?

for now, pleas SAVE before open the filter, and nver let it lose focus. no, you cannot check you e-mail. no, you cannot browse the web. no, you cannot change song. just work. focus. and save.

shame.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same issue.  NO clue why it hasn't been fixed.  I have removed and reinstalled adobe and moved to another computer and the problem is gone.

Here is an option I hope works, I do not remember if I used a smart object or rasterized image:

OPTION A: Go to "Image>Mode>..." then change color settings to RGB, 8 bit (you may try others as well)

OPTION B: Right click on your layer in the layer panel and choose "Rasterize Layer"

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate that here, I can switch back and forth as often as I like.

To help others replicate it can you post your system info (from Photoshop's Help>System Info then press copy and paste here)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate it either.  My wife is a photographer and if there was a problem in those regards, believe me, I'd hear no end to it 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i wasnt able to encounter this issue until today. then i discovered many people suffered from the same odd thing since dunno.. 2017?

anyway, IT SEEMS if you trash all prefs and presets of ps and cr, and have a clean install, the issue is not replicable. then i have to find what caused it, because i moved a lot of stuff from the prefs folder.

these may helkp:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html#ResetCameraRawpreferences

basically, a clean install worked for me, but now i have to avoid to just import old prefs and create new settings. and this is just boring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines