• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CR2 Files Causing Bridge to Close - Raw Plugin Fix?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great - all the text I just added was erased when I changed the 'Conversation Type' from Discussion to Bug.  Let me type this again....

I opened up this bug I am encountering with Bridge:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/12-02-crashing-with-cr2-files/td-p/12972558

So, while I am encountering this in Bridge, there seems to be some sort of Camera Raw dependency.  I am unsure if the Camera Raw App is utilized by Bridge when creating the thumbnails, but I see how there is a possibility there is some shared code library used by both to handle the CR2 files.

What has me wondering if I am on the right path is that while I originally thought this was just with Bridge 12.0.2 I am now encountering this with my Bridge CS6 7.0.  In the few articles I have read, it seems like CS6 and CC use different Camera Raw plugins, so I would think CS6 would have been isolated.  Any thoughts on what driver/library/app is shared between CS6 and CC and what I can try reverting to?  This is a new issue, as I have recently moved to CC (about a month ago) and my Bridge CS6 never showed this problem for many years.

Thoughts or suggestions?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?