• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CR3 files open in Lightroom but Photoshop says NO!

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CR3 files open in Lightroom but not Photoshop. Lightroom, Photoshop, and Camera Raw are all up to date. The camera (Canon EOS R6) is supported. The images open in Lightroom just fine but Photoshop says they are unsupported. I get a few different errors. One says unsupported, but one says "Could not open _____.cr3 because of a disk error."  I have already tried uninstalling Photoshop and reinstalling it. That did nothing. Any other thoughts? 

Strange thing is that the image works fine on my other mac, which is an M1. So it isn't the image file. What's going on. 

iMac 2020 Intel Core i5

MacOS 12.3.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd but you might try this, no harm done: Try resetting your ACR preferences.
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (MacOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

Check your camera and versions of ACR here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Curious too, if you use the Edit In Photoshop command (command E) in Lightroom, does the raw get processed and then open in Photoshop or does it pop the error? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

We are definitely on the supported list. 

EOS R6CR3Yes12.43.49.4-

I'll try resetting the ACR preferences when my team comes in and get back to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. Our camera is definitely on the supported list. I'll try your solution as soon as my mountain time team comes online. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have an older version of ACR on that one Mac. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I tried it all. Interestingly Raw works in photoshop when I have the image on my local disk, but not when it is coming off my NAS. I guess I'd forgive that if it weren't that it opens easily in Lightroom from the NAS or local drive. Anyway, I don't really have time to track down the problem further. I'm just going to adjust my workflow to work from the local disk.  I appreciate your time.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines