Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 and camera Raw Plug in update

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have an issue. I have Photoshop CS5 and I have had it for some time. I just got a new camer, a Canon Rebel T7 and the camera Raw in it is not working with the camera Raw in CS5. Now I have made sure that my adobe software is up to date but the camera raw version on CS5 is 6.7 and from the page with all the supported cameras and plug ins you need it says 10.3. Can anyone help with a link to the 10.3 version it says I need and than walk me through exactly what I need to do so I can at least be able to use camera raw from the new camera. I hate using jpeg images when editing. Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

You either need to use the DNG converter, or update Photoshop to a current version. CS5 is almost 10 years old and all development/updates stopped when CS6 came out in 2012. That's how this works everywhere.

CS5 supports ACR up to 6.7. That's the newest one that will work.

Here's the DNG converter: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You either need to use the DNG converter, or update Photoshop to a current version. CS5 is almost 10 years old and all development/updates stopped when CS6 came out in 2012. That's how this works everywhere.

CS5 supports ACR up to 6.7. That's the newest one that will work.

Here's the DNG converter: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines