• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNC not able to Parse Files

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Adobe LR Classic CC subscription and just downloaded Digital Negative Converter.  For the first time ever, i'm not able to import my .NEF files (Nikon D300) into LR.  Looking around, i find i need to use this DNC tool, so i download it and try to run it, importing my files from a folder created in Apple Photos (why Photos had no problem reading the files but Adobe can't is beyond me).  i set the DNC to version 7.1, which is supposed to align with LR6, which i used successfully for years.  No luck.  i get a message saying "There was an error parsing the  files".  Earlier version results in same message.  

How can i get my raw files into Lightroom?  

TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload one of these raws into say Dropbox or similar so other's can test conversions on our end? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  i went to upload a file for you and then noticed that the size of the exported file was "0", though in Photos it shows as 12mb.  So it seems my problem may be more with Photos exporter than DNC.  i'll sniff further but thank you for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Nikon NX Studio by chance before attempting conversion?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not.  That lost it's effectiveness many years ago for me, since Photos quickly loaded the files automatically and it was easy to import them on to LR.  But not today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STOP using Apple Photos! The Photos App locks your raw files away in a 'Library' that is not accessible to Lightroom.

Your D300 NEF files are compatible with most versions of Lightroom and Lightroom-Classic.

You do not need the DNG Converter program. Simply Import the files with Lightroom.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this will be my future course rather thank using Apple Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines