• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Converter 11.4.1.291 won't open supported raw files/Grayed out.

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2019 iMac with a 3Ghz Intel Core i5 processor and OS 10.14.6.  Today I downloaded several versions of the DNG Converter from Adobe's site and from link's in the community discussions, but none resulted in a program that recognized my raw files by the DNG converter.  I'm mostly trying to convert Canon 70D and Powershot G7 X Mark II files.  All my raw files are grayed out.  I've tried restarting the computer and changing the file locations, but they won't open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

The DNG converter works on folder level, not file level. You cannot select individual files; you have to point it to a folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG converter works on folder level, not file level. You cannot select individual files; you have to point it to a folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GUI doesn't allow sending individual files but it can be done via command line. I wrote a Bridge script that allows choosing files or folders for conversion as part of my Utility Script Pack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

D Fosse - Thank you!  OMG What an idiot I am.  I haven't used it in so long that I forgot about that.  I have PS CS5.1 on another computer and had to convert everything if I wanted to use it with that old program.  I have a new system with new software and only loaded the DNG Converter there for the DCP files.  Arg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines