• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG converter files to ACR asks to recalculate masks

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now using ACR 14, and loving the new masking. But my workflow often involves an initial edit, then a conversion to DNG (with the DNG Converter tool) and then further editing. When I use DNG Converter 14 (14.0.0.950, to be exact) and then try to edit the resulting DNG in ACR it complains that the masks must be recalculated; they are not carried across. I have copied the .acr files to the same location as the DNG.

I'm using "-p1 -fl" on the DNG converter command line, but -p2 gets the same result.

Am I missing something, or has DNG converter not yet caught up with ACR 14 and masking?

TOPICS
DNG Converter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not convert your RAW files first, then add masks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I filter and delete the junk before converting. My self-discipline is not good enough to stop editing when I find I've actually taken something I really like! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Raw engineers have looked at this and been unable to reproduce the conditions you are experiencing. 

What is your OS?

Do you have a very detailed step by step workflow you could elaborate on?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also seeing a few reports of .acr files being visible and not included in a batch rename, I wonder if this is related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics wrote:

We are also seeing a few reports of .acr files being visible and not included in a batch rename, I wonder if this is related.

These specfic things (which I'm guessing are not directly related to the original issue in this thread) sound to me like folks using Bridge 2021 (or earlier) with photos edited by Camera Raw 14.0 and/or the new Lightroom release. Bridge 2022 has support for new sidecar extensions. I recommend using Bridge 2022 and not older versions with Camera Raw 14.0. If folks still see problems with sidecar file visibility or sidecars and Batch Rename using Bridge 2022, please report them on the Bridge forum.

Thanks,

David

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologise, I've just worked out what I'm doing wrong. I call the DNG converter with a script, and I had it occasionally erroneously moving the ACR files before it called the Converter for a CR2.

If I call the converter on a CR2 file when both the DNG and ACR files are in the same directory it works fine.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines