• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG converter

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new DNG converter 11.2 requires me to upgrade my MAC OS.

I do not wish to do this. Whilst Apple provides a free upgrade, I would have to purchase an upgrade for both Parallels and Windows.

I am appalled by the ARROGANCE and UNHELPFUL ATTITUDE of these software companies, including Adobe. They charge us a fortune for software and then abandon us and try to extort more money from us.

I am equally appalled by the lack of any simple procedure to contact these companies. Having taken our money they wish to hide behind a maze of unhelpful run around pages.

Totally disgusted!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that Adobe is trying to extort anything from anyone. The computer industry is in a constant flux of change, operating systems continually being upgraded and enhanced. Adobe must adapt to those changes. In doing so, it sometimes becomes necessary to stop supporting older systems, and that means that some users of older systems have to decide whether or not they want to keep current. If they do then they have to modernize. And that is going to cost money. If the user doesn't want to modernize, and wants to stay with an older system, then they must decide what they are willing to sacrifice and give up to do so. It seems that you have found that crossroads and have to make that choice. Make the choice, and live with your decision. Don't blame Adobe, or Windows, or Mac, or anyone else. Technology changes, and you have to make the choice of what you want to do. It's that simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your question?

Is there any specific reason that you need Camera Raw 11.2? New camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's some interesting psychology at work here. It's well known - and yours is a case in point - that Apple changes the rules constantly. They drop backwards compatibility and support for legacy APIs all the time, without notice. This forces the software companies to rewrite their code just to keep up. It has to work on the new OS, right? But of course then it doesn't work on the old OS versions anymore.

Blame Apple for this. They have abandoned you; not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines