Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG file exported from DNG converter 14.2 not loading well in nuke

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

I'm currently facing an issue with converting .NEF files to .DNG via the DNG converter 14.2 and i was wondering if this is a bug or did i do something wrongly. 

I'm using:
-DNG converter 14.2
-Windows 11, 64-bits , OS build 22000.493
- .NEF photos from nikon z7 Camera

So the steps I did was to select the folder to be converted in DNG converter, added a suffix in the converted file name and click convert. Afterwhich I loaded up the converted .dng file in to nuke without changing any settings, but the result I'm getting looks glitchy. Oddly the converted file looks fine in photoshop, it's only not working in nuke. I've attached the settings for the converter as well as the expected result vs actual result. 

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!! Thankyou1

AdobeSupport_DNGconverter_prob_01.jpg

AdobeSupport_DNGconverter_prob_actualResult.jpg

AdobeSupport_DNGconverter_prob_expectedResult.jpg

AdobeSupport_DNGconverter_prob_02.jpg

TOPICS
DNG Converter , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If not, go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html
Also see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/weird-ps-bug-psd-file-looks-messed-up/idi-p/...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TheDigitalDog , 

Thanks for the really quick reply! But the exported .dng file opens fine in photoshop. The problem I'm facing with is opening the .dng file in nuke. (ahh i forgot to mention the version. I'm using nuke11.1 v3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like Nuke (don't have or use) is broken and doesn't handle DNG correctly.

So you can open fine in Adobe Camera Raw (and perhaps Lightroom Classic) but not the non Adobe app? That would really indicate that that other product isn't correctly dealing with this openly documented format.

You may want to play with the Compatibility dropdown menu, try an older version and see if Nuke is happy.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeap. the Converted .dng from DNGconverter 14.2 opens fine in photoshop/lightroom etc. 

Just did a test with all the older CamRaw versions and sadly they're all not working as well. AdobeSupport_DNGconverter_prob_multipleCamRawVer.jpg

Interestingly, when i tried converting the .nef files to .dng via lightroom classic, it's not working well in nuke as well.
AdobeSupport_DNGconverter_prob_DNGvsLGTRMvsCAPONE.jpg

Really odd.  I have not tested out with the older nuke versions but will do so at a later time. 
Meanwhile I'll try posting this thread at foundry forums as well, hopefully they would know the solution. 

Thankyou so much for the prompt reply! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines