• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do Custom Color Profiles Embed Themselves Into DNGs?

Contributor ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is specifically about .dcp and .dcpr files.

The question: When I open a raw DNG file in ACR or Lightroom and apply a custom color profile created with a Color Checker and the DNG Profile Editor, will that custom profile remain applied to the file when it is opened by another user? In other words  do custom profiles stay with a file?

The background: I was shooting in very weird mixed lighting so I created a custom profile with the DNG Profile Editor. The client wants DNG files. So, how do I ensure that the client gets the custom color profile along with the DNG files? Does the profile become part of the file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ensure to save metadata to the DNG file then the profile will be embedded along with all other adjustments made. But you must make sure to save metadata to the file. You can either choose that option in the Lightroom preferences, or you can press Ctrl/S (Windows) or Cmd/S (Mac) on each image when you are finished or on a group of finished images. Your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am obviously going blind because I can't find where to tell Lightroom to embed the metadata in preferences or catalog settings. Or is it something you have to do when importing and converting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look in the catalog settings on the metadata tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines