• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements and Camera RAW support for Nikon D5600

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just bought a Nikon D5600. Already have Elements 12. Which version(s) of Elements and Camera RAW do I need to support NEF files from this camera. Elements 12 does not have support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

You need to have Camera Raw to at least version v9.8 or higher. Elements 12 is only works up to Camera Raw v8.5. So you need an upgrade to your elements as well. You can get away with Elements 15, but just barely. Your best bet would be to just upgrade to the latest version of elements and Camera Raw for the most life out of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have Camera Raw to at least version v9.8 or higher. Elements 12 is only works up to Camera Raw v8.5. So you need an upgrade to your elements as well. You can get away with Elements 15, but just barely. Your best bet would be to just upgrade to the latest version of elements and Camera Raw for the most life out of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to pay to upgrade to Elements 2019, you can stay with Elements 12 and use the free DNG converter instead.

Download and install the free DNG converter

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Using the converter, you convert folders of Raw files to DNG format. Then open and edit the DNG files (not the Raw files) in Elements 12. An extra step for you but no extra cost.

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always forget about that DNG converter, lol. I do convert to DNG on import myself, but I do it through Bridge. super easy and nice space savings. (And need that shooting the Nikon D800, D810 and the D850!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines