Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhance feature is gone from Camera Raw 12 with Kodak DCR files

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

not sure if this is a correct place to report or if Adobe cares about old Kodak cameras like ProBack or SLR/n/c, still I hope knowledgable people will share their thoughts.

Why Enhance feature for DCR files was available in  CRaw v11.4 but gone in v12 ? It helped to reduce moire and other artifacts SLR is infamous for.

Is this RAW format so special that required additional efforts the company decided to spend otherwise ?

Thanks,

Aure

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Nikon NEF files. If I right-click on the image in the work area Enhance Details is one of the options. Are you saying that the option is not available for your Kodak model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is there but when selected it says photo is not supported. It worked in previous versions of LR / ACR.

I tried to attach a sample file to the original message, however, even this forum says "The file type (.DCR) is not supported." so I am including a dropbox link: GW7H7874.DCR in case you or someone else want to check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that it doesn't work on this end either. Did you examine the link provided in the warning dialog? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/enhance-details.html

If you convert this to DNG, it will then work; just checked. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I saw that link but DCR is an ordinary Bayer type RAW and none of those unsupported file formats.

I 'd prefer to keep the originals and avoid DNG conversions, but it looks like after ACR 11.4 this is not possible if I want to use Enhance details ....

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines