• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message pops up and immediately disappears

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the oddest little problem.  I'm running Windows 10 with the most up to date NVIDIA driver and CC apps.  When I open a RAW file, regardless of the program it's being launched from (Bridge or a file manager), the file opens rather slowly and right before it does, a little window opens on the upper left of the screen with what appears to be an error message, however it's only there for a fraction of a second before it disappears.  It's not visible long enough to read the message.  Flash and it's gone. I get a glimpse of a couple words like "need to" but that's it.  This began one or two Camera Raw updates ago.  Resetting preferences doesn't seem to make a difference.   Camera Raw has set the graphics processor to Auto and says my system supports full acceleration.  Changing the processor setting to custom settings doesn't make a difference either.   I can't find any other settings that might have an influence.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I have an update.  I used my phone to screen capture the error message.  Here it is. Mind you, this appears BEFORE the raw image loads.  Even more remarkably, this happens on my husband's computer as well.  AI-error_ACR.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

additional info:  this is occurring with unedited raw files.  no masks on them.  anyone have any ideas?  Can't click the "update all" button on a message that only flashes on the screen for 1/100th of a second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely no one here has experienced this?  Is there a way to contact Adobe directly for help, to interact with a real person? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera RAW creates two sidecar files now. An XMP file and an acr file. The acr file stores masking data. You may have a preset that automatically applies edits to your RAW files, and doesn't find that acr file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no presets in use that include masks.  The acr file is only for masking data and is only created when there's been a mask applied.  This issue occurs with RAW files that haven't had any editing at all.  But thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines