Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exposure slider jumps back

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I suddenly have problems with my exposure slider . He alsways jumps back to a full number as soon as i use any of the other sliders . ig it set it to  0,8 use than another slider and the exposure slider jumps back to  zero, or from 1,4 to one . Anybody has some advice for me ?

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yessssssss.

Installing the beta and replacing the folder worked!

Thanks a bunch!

*EDIT*

Gaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Worked for half an hour and now the slider bug is back!

Going mental.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx fpr posting this

The strange thing is ( CS 6 ,ACR Beta 8.3 , 10.6.8 ) I have "SaveOptions folder " still in my camera raw .

And it doesnt work

Whereas on my lapetop still on CS 5 , there is no SaveOptions folder but here ACE still works

Any clue ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very curious regarding this issue, I haven't experienced it on my computer, but my mate is having the problem. He's running Camera Raw 8.2 and the jumping sliders happen in Photoshop CS6 and CS5. He even told me he had the problem with the version prior to Camera Raw 8.2.

But what I think is interresting, is that the jumping sliders issue doesn't happen when opening the files via Adobe Bridge CS6 Camera Raw. I'm only able to experience the problem via Photoshop's own Camera Raw window.

So I'm wondering if you fellow users are only experiencing this issue when opening a file via Camera Raw in Photoshop or also via Adobe Bridge Camera Raw?  

If it's only Photoshop, then I'm suspecting something might be wrong with Photoshop and not the Camera Raw plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim

i always have the problem .

If i open the file trough Bridge as well if i open it in photoshop .

And with all sliders who you can set on a comma i.g. 1,2

Exposure as well radius in sharpening .

Plus the camera profil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS : And if i type in the numbers too ( instead of moving the slider )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Help1965, wasn't able to get the bug via adobe bridge, but sounds like it's just a matter of time before it starts to act up as well. Haven't found a solution for this yet, but am trying various things to see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.9 ACR 8.2 PS CS6

Hi,

I had the same problem today. It occured after having installed a trial of nik plug-ins (color efex etc). So I uninstalled the software with the uninstaller that came with it and the problem was gone.

Maybe this helps some of you or tells us at least that the problem might be in the plug-ins folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lens Correction function within ACR is also back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling the Nik plug-ins didn't help me. The jumping slider is still there and the lens correction doesn't work at all.

But I think that the Nik plug-ins may be involved anyway. Before I uninstalled, I noticed that the plug-ins had been updated (without notification) on November 24. At least, they had been changed one way or another (even the ones that I never use). And it was around November 24 that I first noticed the jumping slider. Could be coincidence of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my Englisch is bad, but you must not uninstall Nik or other Plugins!

You can make it so, that you set a Tilde (~) for the Plugin and Photoshop not load this!

And so you can make it for all Plugins.Clear this Tilde and Photoshop load this Plugin.

Look at the PicturesBildschirmfoto 2013-12-11 um 12.28.19.png

Nochmal auf Deutsch:

Ihr braucht Plugins nicht deinstallieren.Ihr könnt sie auch nur deaktivieren, somit werden sie von Photoshop nicht mit geladen.Einfach das Tilde Zeichen (dieses hier: ~) davor setzen und es wird nicht mit geladen.

Einfach das Bild anschauen.

Wollt Ihr das jeweilige Plugin wieder aktivieren einfach das Tilde Zeichen entfernen und das Plugin wird wieder geladen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Tip i found is

to delet in Nik the Selective Tool folder  ( which than makes a small problem with the layers )

See ( in german )  : http://www.blendwerk-freiburg.de/2013/12/probleme-mit-camera-raw-8-2/

I have not tried it yet .

But according to them , than you can still use nik with a little inconvience with the layers .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks ConnyNRW, that really worked!

As I suspected, the uninstall didn't completely remove the Nik plug-ins. But the tilde sign was enough to make ACR work as intended. No jumping slider and the lens corrections work again.

I have now reinstalled the Nik plug-ins because I really need the Silver Efex Pro. Until Adobe (or Nik) comes up with a solution, I will have to live with the hassle of enabling/disabling the Nik plug-ins whenever I want to do B&W (of course, you have to close and relaunch Photoshop every time). Or is there a better way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Smepix

the other way is as written above to just  delet in Nik the Selective Tool folder  ( which than makes a small problem with the layers ).

Question : so you type in the Tilde (~) sign in and out to swith from a working camera raw to nik , but you also have to close CS6 each time ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Help1965,

Thanks to you, I have now found a better solution. A tilde sign on the Selective Tool folder is enough to make everything work without a lot of hassle. The only downside I have found so far is that I have to manually create a new layer before I use any of the Nik plug-ins. And I will have to manually add layer masks. I think I can live with that.

To answer your question, yes, with that method I would have to close CS6 each time (only Photoshop though, not Bridge). I'm happy that this won't be necessary with the new solution. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High Conny

good explanation with the screen shot, but unfortunality it doesn´t work

CS5, OSX 10.8.5

Best regards

Hallo Conny, bei mir nützt das Tilde Zeichen vor Google leider nichts, der Fehler ist nach wie vor da

Trotzdem vielen Dank für deine Mühe!!

Petra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Petra dann würde ich Nik wirklich mal deinstallieren.Denn Olaf Giermann schrieb bei psd das es wohl auch am Selektive Tool liegen kann.Oder Photoshop komplett sichern und nochmal neu installieren.Vorher aber dran denken, DeineSeriennr./ Reg.Nr. zu deaktiveren.

Komisch... bei einigen hilft das, bei anderen leider nicht.Und oft sind es Leute mit CS5! Bei CS6 geht es wohl.

Sonst probiere das mal mit der Tilde bei den anderen Plugins nach und nach aus.

(Sorry for the other i can not good Englisch)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's so much Conny.

I've found another solution: I've uninstalled the last version of nik software (with new filter that simulate old cameras) and I've reinstalled the first release that I bought (1.07. ...) and now all works well.

So the problem is causated by the last release of nik collection filter!

Sorry for my english and have a nice day to all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi enricovrd

you mean "anaolog effexs pro " when you say (with new filter that simulate old cameras) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi help... exacly. I meant analog filter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do german write in their own language?!

I'm italian but i'm writing in english!

If everybody write in his own language it could be confusing for all the users!

So...

Have somebody found a solution for the problem? I'm shocked that a big problem like this have not solution yet! At least 1 month after the discussion's opening!

(i hope that everybody'll write in english...please!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem. The exposure slider jumps back

I've tried to disinstall CS6, I've downoalded and installed the beta version of Camera Raw ... but nothing works.

It's a huge problem and I would a solution to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updated to the latest release of camera raw today and on three or four raw images i opened the exposure worked as it should...i haven't checked the lenses thingy, but i'm guessing that works as it should now too...

Spoke/wrote too soon...i shut photoshop cs6 down, re-opened, and the exposure slider is not working, again. It bounces around as before. Also checked the lens module. It doesn't work either....so, the wait on a fix continues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi m.davidtaub

did you update straight to 8.3 ?

Or did you update before alreadyy the 8.3 beta version .

In other words is this version better than the beta version of camera raw ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the beta version first. Only did that because the standard version just before wasn't working so I gave the beta version a shot. This latest release is no better. Seems like the same exact behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago I did a fresh installation of OSX Maverick on my clients computer and installed Photoshop CC on his machine with NIK collection filters. Few days later my client notes that he is again expericing the jumping sliders with latest Photoshop CC and Camera RAW 8.2. and 8.3. His previous setup was OSX 10.7, Photoshop CS6 and  NIK filters,  he had the same jumping slider problem.

Today I've been testing things on his machine and my conclusion so far is that the NIK filter collection seems to be the source of the jumping sliders in camera raw. I've tried removing NIK software from the machine and testing the camera raw sliders with several images and they work perfectly, did this repeatly on the machine by opening and closing Photoshop. BUT as soon as I install NIK software and use one of their filters, the Camera raw sliders start jumping again.

So my suspicion is that user who have the problem with jumping sliders are using a newer version of NIK software, my client is using version 1.109_412-106.

Version 1.108_1311-85 has the same issue.

Myself I'm using a previous version 1.007_22671 on my two machines with CC and I haven't experiened the jumping sliders problem.

I'm going to try install my own old version on my clients computer, to see if this solves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines