• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitching Thumbnails

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw Version 11.3.0.197, and when applying a present to the DNG files, the thumbnails down the side glitches, and turns either super high contrast black/green in colour, or has this hazy pink look to it.

Is there any way to stop this from happening? Or is it supposed to happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erin,

I have not seen that but "generally" when there's a visual glitch in an image like you describe, there's an issue when using your graphics processor. Try going into ACR's preferences, go into Performance and unchecking "Use Graphics Processor."

Let us know if that helps or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erin,

That does not sound like a typical experience, let's make it right.

As the thumbnails in Camera Raw are glitching, could you please try suggestion by Gary and uncheck the Graphics processor?

If that does not help then try reinstalling the Camera Raw plugin and see how it goes: Camera Raw plug-in installer

• Could you please let us know the operating system you're working on?
  • Does it happen with all DNG files or some specific files?
  • Have you tried updating the graphics drivers from the manufacturer's website to see if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahill,

I tried Gary's suggestion however it did not make a difference to the thumbnails down the left hand side of the Camera RAW screen.

My understanding after having worked with this issue for a couple of weeks now, is that it started occurring when our department switched to using Creative Cloud. Myself and my colleagues have noticed it occurs every time we batch processing the DNG images (i.e. putting the same profile on all of the images when using select all) however, when you make adjustments to individual images, the high contrast/ hazy pink "filter" look disappears.

There are other 3 other users in my department who are also experiencing the same issue on their PCs also. So it is not localised to just my PC/user account. We use Windows 10 OS, and they are all brand new PC's buitl specifically for the work we do.

I would assume that this is just a CC glitch. It doesn't alter the image when it is opened, nor does it affect the workflow, it is simply a minor niggle, and is one that we're all just learning to work with when batch processing our images. At this point I feel the only solution would be to individually edit the images, but due to time pressures, this is unrealistic, and batch processing maintains consistency and standardisation that is required within the work that we produce.

Many Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Enril,

what model camera are you using?

Also, you say you are using DNGs format images, can you please verify that or are you using the original raw format from the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon D800 and the NEF files are being converted using the Adobe DNG Converter to DNG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erin,

thank you you for the feedback confirming image type.

Have you you been able to try Sahill’s idea of installing or re-installing the ACR plugin.

I use Canon so I cannot cross check this but I can say I’ve not heard of this so it may be a glitch in the instillation

please let let us know how things progress

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gary,

We have tried this. At this point we're happy to live with the issue, as it's not affecting the images overall.
As this is a business we are limited to what we can and can't do, and due to the sensitive nature of the work, I can't share any screenshots of the issue.

My initial reason to posting this question was to see if anyone else had experienced this.

Many Thanks for everyone's help, and no worries now regarding a fix to the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines