• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do we uninstall Adobe Camera Raw CC?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom CC (2015) and Photoshop CC (2017), and on a whim also installed Camera Raw CC.I've decided I don't want Camera Raw CC as a stand-alone app that gets its own updates, and will stick with LR and PS. When I mouse over the settings pop-up in Creative Cloud, the options to "Manage Application" and "Uninstall Unavailable" appear but are inactive. I've uninstalled Bridge, but I am not seeing a way to uninstall Raw. Lots of Adobe support info on how to Install, but not seeing anything about uninstall.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

garyiverson9  wrote

I checked the box that I don't want to see the message again but a duplicate file is placed on LR prior to making my PS adjustments and bringing the image back to LR. This has happened at times in the past but it wasn't happening prior to the Camera RAW and LR updates. Most of the time it's not a probably but if you cancel out of the PS image, you're stuck with an extra LR image that has to be deleted.

This does not happen on my system. Once that check box is checked I never se

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the same camera raw version to be installed alongside PS and Bridge as what is installed in LR.

So when LR is updated to include a new ACR version, for support of new cameras and lenses (along with some bug fixes), you need to install the Camera RAW update to work in PS and Bridge. Neither PS or Bridge work with RAW files without having ACR installed.

Yes there is a slight bug in the new ACR 9.10 update that for some unknown reason brings up a dialog box stating the ACR versions in LR and PS are different. But putting a check mark in "Don't show this again" and clicking the Open Anyway button opens PS with all the LR adjustments and that dialog won't pop up again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the box that I don't want to see the message again but a duplicate file is placed on LR prior to making my PS adjustments and bringing the image back to LR. This has happened at times in the past but it wasn't happening prior to the Camera RAW and LR updates. Most of the time it's not a probably but if you cancel out of the PS image, you're stuck with an extra LR image that has to be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

garyiverson9  wrote

This does not happen on my system. Once that check box is checked I never see the warning again and the RAW file is opened in PS and no new file is created on my drive or placed in the LR catalog until I do a Ctrl + s or File > Save. Then a TIFF file is created on my drive and placed into the LR catalog.

If this has been happening before on your system then it is something specific to your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't really want to uninstall Camera Raw. When you send an image from Lightroom to Photoshop, Camera Raw is utilized by Photoshop to interpret the raw image and convert it as it is loaded into Photoshop. Lightroom does not use the camera raw plug-in. That technology is part of the Lightroom program. If you delete the camera raw plug-in then your only option in Lightroom will be to render a copy with Lightroom adjustments. I think it would be a poor decision to not use the camera raw plug-in. But if you really want to do it, just go to the folder and delete the plug-in. Just remember that from that point forward you'll have to render a copy with Lightroom adjustments when you want to go to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just downloaded Camra Raw 13.1 - installed that and Photoshop now opens. Guessing its not the latest version of Camera Raw thou but at least it opens now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Eryuhd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines