• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to access/add my own camera profile in Camera Raw ?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the icon for this in Camera Raw and it's crucial to my work. So how i get Adobe (Bridge / CameraRaw / PhotoShop) to let me use specific camera profiles ????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vladislav,

Not sure where you're coming from but to access camera profiles is done in ACR (Adobe Camera Raw by first clicking on the Grid as shown below (above the words Browse Profiles).

[Continue down below image]

profiles1.png

This expands the window to what you see below;

On the top you see a "close" button, once completed with this window, click that to close window)

On the very top (not identified as such) are the favorites. On ANY of these thumbnails, if you mouse-over, you will see the effect that that has on your image.

This is followed by Adobe's Profiles, Adobe best attempt to match the camera's profiles, and if you have a ColorChecker Passport, any of those profiles will show up here. If you do not have the ColorChecker Passport, this option doesn't exist.

If you have and/or use Lightroom, it's pretty similar.

Please let us know if this is what you were looking for.

2018-11-28_14-50-00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have camera profiles that you have made yourself or received from a third party and they are in .xmp format, and if you are running Windows 10, go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings and create a new folder. Put the profiles in there and they will appear in the drop-down menu as Gary showed above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines