• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just bought the Nikon D750 and my raw files will not open in CC Photoshop. Is anyone else that has this camera experienced this problem?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought the Nikon D750 and my raw files will not open in CC Photoshop. Is anyone else that has this camera experienced this problem?

My Photoshop says it is up to date, but I am hoping that since this camera just came out, Adobe will have an raw file update soon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera was announce what two weeks ago.  Support for is in not in ACR yet and the DNG converter most likely can not handle the RAW format yet.  Use Nikon's software to convert the RAW files till  support for that camera is added to ACR. Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, it seems Nikon has a Raw converter codec for Windows, but not for Macs, which is what I currently use. I wonder how long it typically take for a camera to be added to ACR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I think I found a converter that will work! Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what converter did u find tha works?  I also have a 750, and am on a photo trip but am not using the new camera (grumble) because of no ability to convert raw files...I coud use Nikon's software, or so I believe to convert to tiff files but would rather not use an unknown procedure for important work

Hope Adobe updates dng converter to support the 750 soon, have another two week photo trip shortly and woud like to use the new camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is where I downloaded it from : Nikon Imaging | Global Site | ViewNX 2â„¢ Download

I used my D750 to photograph a wedding yesterday, forgetting that the RAW probably wouldn't be supported in adobe yet. That download will let you convert it to Jpeg or Tiff. I really hope they update soon too because I need to be able to edit the RAW images from this wedding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The  Nikon software converts it just fine, but the Tiff files are a lot bigger. I did a photo shoot on Saturday without realizing that Lightroom wouldn't read the raw files and I can't stand editing jpeg's..... Going to convert my favorites but really hoping for an update on Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2014 Oct 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR 8,7 RC is available has D750 support

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem and the only way I can see my .Nef files is with the Nikon software (ViewNX2) that was comming with my D750.

Else than that, I'm still waiting for Adobe to make an Update ASAP...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the ACR 8.7 Release Candidate  from Adobe labs?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've tried it yesterday and nothing.. My PC is still not capable of reading it else than with the Nikon software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm it is installed correctly (press F to reveal the Camera Raw title bar showing the version info)?

What software did you use to download the files from the camera? Nikon Transfer has known issues with recent cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have touched (transferred, viewed) your NEF files with Nikon software older than what came with your D750 camera then the files will be corrupted and unreadable by Adobe software.

You can fix this specific corruption with a utility from here:

http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/fix_corrupted_nef.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'mon Adobe, what is the wait about? teaching those "pesky Mac users" a lesson? I am not being able to use YOUR product on y Mac Pro because you just can't give all platforms the same weight... When is support for the D750 coming to Lightroom CC Mac?? You'll loose me as a customer if not VERY SOON!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're posting to threads that already contain the answer for using the D750 with PS-CC so either you're not reading the threads you're posting to, or you should be reading threads over in the LR forum which also contain the answer to your questions about the D750.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the answer is NO on the D750, Adobe is not worried about it's public, now that the main competition(Aperture) is no longer play, Adobe is taking it's sweet @ss time... This company is shameless...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dotpage wrote:

the answer is NO on the D750, Adobe is not worried about it's public, now that the main competition(Aperture) is no longer play, Adobe is taking it's sweet @ss time... This company is shameless...

You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about this.

Don't you realise that Adobe is forced to provide updates because camera manufacturers won't support an open standard for raw files? If they did, there would never be any need to wait.

Meanwhile, you're complaining about a free service Adobe provides to make their software compatible with new cameras, developed since the software was released?

You've been given a means of using Lightroom by downloading DNG Converter as a temporary stop gap. But who's the silly person here? You bought a D750 and you have no means of opening the raw files? You didn't think that one through did you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about this.

- You are damn right I do...

Don't you realise that Adobe is forced to provide updates because camera manufacturers won't support an open standard for raw files?

- Baloney bud, Adobe could give less the s**t for open standards, I live in the IT wold and Adobe's fight agains any Open Source is notoriously famous. Go read before you put out a statement like that. Or stop taking $$$ from Adobe before you say something this wrong and misleading...

If they did, there would never be any need to wait.

- Adobe is the one not complying to open standards, you can read RAW from a D750 even from BEFORE the release, RawTherapee and any other Linux/Unix graphic tool can. Adobe is sticking to their OWN standards, not the open one. Just do some research before you vomit on your keyboard...

Meanwhile, you're complaining about a free service Adobe provides to make their software compatible with new cameras, developed since the software was released?

- FREE? Really? no subscription, no money, no development... When di Adobe gave ANYTHING for free? All the "free" tools are either supplements that should be incorporated to the main software or traps that will eventually force you into a paid Adobe product, just like how hard it is to implement PDF tools without buying the worst of all tools: Adobe Acrobat.... Get informed...

You've been given a means of using Lightroom by downloading DNG Converter as a temporary stop gap. But who's the silly person here? You bought a D750 and you have no means of opening the raw files? You didn't think that one through did you.

- I can open RAW in Linux, unix and even Windows using other software and software suites, Adobe is eventually loose (more) subscribers, and hopefully one day get bought out and taken apart...

Peace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG Converter is FREE.  Yes, really.  No subscription needed.

Camera Raw (& DNG Converter) 8.7RC has been available since 2nd October, and opens D750 files in Photoshop & Bridge (& Lightroom using DNG Converter).

Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.7 Release Candidate | digital camera raw file support - Adobe Labs

Adobe created DNG, which is a well-documented backwards-compatible format, which is free for any manufacturer to use.

See here for manufacturers who do (it's an old list, but you get the idea):

http://www.barrypearson.co.uk/articles/dng/products_cameras.htm

Ask yourself why other manufacturers don't use a documented backwards-compatible format.

If you use a particular piece of software as your main tool, and you buy a camera which isn't yet supported by it, it's your problem. There is an expression used in the industry:

"Poor Planning on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG Converter is FREE.  Yes, really.  No subscription needed.

- Baloney, NOT FREE, it's a proprietary software, not open AT ALL, see Legal Notices, so stop trying to distort the truth here.

Camera Raw (& DNG Converter) 8.7RC has been available since 2nd October, and opens D750 files in Photoshop & Bridge (& Lightroom using DNG Converter).

Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.7 Release Candidate | digital camera raw file support - Adobe Labs

- Still a cumbersome process for this of us that PAID for software and support, the whole point of this discussion is to implement this directly on LR, so we, the PAYING users don't have to waste time doing a useless process that could be EASILY AVOIDED ig Adobe released updates as they are needed, or if they OPENED THE SOURCE CODE so the community could do it.

Adobe created DNG, which is a well-documented backwards-compatible format, which is free for any manufacturer to use.

See here for manufacturers who do (it's an old list, but you get the idea):

http://www.barrypearson.co.uk/articles/dng/products_cameras.htm

- Really? Did you actually read the site? It has PRECIOUS information that illustrate my point: Adobe DNG is an attempt to stop the OpenSource community from achieving the goals of OpenRaw, which is TRUE OPENNESS, Again, Adobe is trying to get manufacturers to PAY LICENSING so they use a PROPRIETARY FORMAT that will HOLD CUSTOMERS on a PAID platform. OpenRaw is he answer for a true competitive environment.

Ask yourself why other manufacturers don't use a documented backwards-compatible format.

- Easy, because they are lazy and want kick-back. The SAME answer that I (and the entire OS community) would give if you asked about Acrobat or MS Office.

If you use a particular piece of software as your main tool, and you buy a camera which isn't yet supported by it, it's your problem. There is an expression used in the industry:

"Poor Planning on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part."

- I agree here, it's MY PROBLEM that I decided to have a better product, it was my choice. I can still use OS Tools, which will be what I do moving forward, and about that expression, that is EXACTLY why Adobe will keep loosing customers, because the sense of urgency to help who pays their bills is inexistent. You are correct, why should they rush something so simple to help a customer right? Screw the customer... Thanks for making my point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now it's being moderated.. nice! here we go with the lack of openness... Yammer are you an Adobe employee? if not, do you have any "perks" for being on this forum, like free software, compensation, access to anything that other users don't? Please come out with a full disclosure of your role here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dotpage wrote:

And now it's being moderated.. nice! here we go with the lack of openness... Yammer are you an Adobe employee? if not, do you have any "perks" for being on this forum, like free software, compensation, access to anything that other users don't? Please come out with a full disclosure of your role here.

I'm an end user. No perks. No inside info. No special relationship.  Been a regular of this forum for 6–7 years. That's all.

Which part(s) of my statements to you dispute, and why?  And what do you mean about "it's being moderated"?  What is?

I still maintain that you've been given the solution to your problem weeks ago, so I can't understand why you're still complaining.

PS. This is the Camera Raw forum, so probably not the best place to complain about Lightroom.

PPS. CR8.7/LR5.7 is bound to be released any day now, if you're really averse to using a free utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an end user. No perks. No inside info. No special relationship.  Been a regular of this forum for 6–7 years. That's all.

- Thanks for the disclosure!

Which part(s) of my statements to you dispute, and why?  And what do you mean about "it's being moderated"?  What is?

- my last post had a yellow triangle on it saying it was being moderated, that triggered my "Big Brother" alarm, that's all.

I still maintain that you've been given the solution to your problem weeks ago, so I can't understand why you're still complaining.

- I have not been given a solution, I (and all of us) have been given a patch, workaround, another process... Not a solution. A solution is for us to be able to go about our business using the software we paid for the way it was intended to be used and sold to us. That's my point, and many other's point in this and other forums as well. Why waste effort on a bandaid outside of the workflow? Adobe could have released a LR beta, with "unsupported support to the new cameras", if that make sense, THAT would be a good solution and would show that despite the fact that Adobe and Nikon and Canon are not always in the same page or timeframe, Adobe can have the customer's back, right?

PS. This is the Camera Raw forum, so probably not the best place to complain about Lightroom.

- Thanks for the info, I'll try and keep within the correct forum, I agree that should be the case.

PPS. CR8.7/LR5.7 is bound to be released any day now, if you're really averse to using a free utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My post was approved at 7:31AM CST, not sure if you saw it before, post #27 to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dotpage wrote:

- I have not been given a solution, I (and all of us) have been given a patch, workaround, another process... Not a solution. A solution is for us to be able to go about our business using the software we paid for the way it was intended to be used and sold to us. That's my point, and many other's point in this and other forums as well. Why waste effort on a bandaid outside of the workflow? Adobe could have released a LR beta, with "unsupported support to the new cameras", if that make sense, THAT would be a good solution and would show that despite the fact that Adobe and Nikon and Canon are not always in the same page or timeframe, Adobe can have the customer's back, right?

As station_two says, Adobe releases Camera Raw updates about 4 times a year. Often, they'll release an RC several weeks beforehand, just so people can get on with things.  I can't comment on Lightroom, as I don't use it.  I always assumed there was an RC for that too, but it sounds like there isn't.  Bummer.

Anyway, in effect, you have had a solution since 2nd October, whether you like it or not.  It's not like you CAN'T work in Lightroom.  Point DNG Converter at your download folder and it will create DNG copies for you. It takes about a minute and you can carry on using Lightroom. You only have to do it for a few more days.

I think where we disagree is with how much Adobe is obliged to do for the money you pay.  The subscription pays for people's salaries, dividends and continued product development.  They have to support new cameras after the product has been released and they have always done this with the same cycle for as long as I've been a user.  Latterly, they have provided RC versions which reduces the wait in many instances.  True, if they didn't do this they wouldn't have a viable product, but they do have other things to do besides jump whenever a new camera hits the shelves at an over-inflated price.

But, like I said, this is the Camera Raw community forum, and you should complain to Adobe directly or take your business elsewhere. We're just Camera Raw users in here, and there's an extremely good chance that nobody from Adobe is even listening to your rant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines