• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an amount slider for the active Radial Filter in ACR?

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use ACR instead of LR. I thought that they were basically the same, but with different interfaces. However, I have been watching tutorials that use LR and have started noticing that LR seems to have a few more tricks. For instance, I see that the Radial Filter in LR has an amount slider where you can adjust the entire effect of the active radial filter. Is this available in ACR and if so, where is it? 

Since it seems that LR is getting more bells and whistles, is this a sign that Adobe is moving away from ACR?

Thanks.

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think there is an Amount slider in the Radial filter in either ACR or LR. But if I’m wrong, can you post a screen shot of where it is?

There is an Amount slider in the profile picker in both ACR and LR, that’s the only one I can think of.

Generally, Adobe has been keeping ACR and LR at parity. There have been a few times in the past where one got ahead of the other, but neither stays ahead for long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

Been in LR for ages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for showing that! I had not used the Amount slider before. I realized that Amount is available only when the local adjustment settings are collapsed, and I always used them expanded. That’s why I was unfamiliar with Amount.

[I deleted part of my original reply, because it wasn’t correct information]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I can't follow you. The change affects all values for me. And I think this is a big advantage over Camera Raw. Your animation confuses me a bit, but it looks like it changes all of your settings too.

Lr-amount.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've taken a closer look at it, and you guys are right and I was wrong. I think the problem is that when I was trying it out, I didn't have enough values set to see how Amount affects them all. I'm going to remove the demo video in my earlier post, because it wasn't a proper test.

I can now see how it would be useful to you all, even though I probably won’t use it much myself.

What you can do now is submit a feature request at Camera Raw Feedback. Unlike this forum, on that site specific issues can be voted on and tracked, and Adobe sometimes responds or provides status on progress if they decide to work on it.

Camera Raw and DNG Feedback - Ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines