• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License needed for Camera Raw??

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I installed Creative Cloud plus Lightroom and now I cannot use Camera Raw anymore, because of a license problem? 

In a bad Dutch translation it says something like "This Camera Raw operation requires a license for a qualifying product." but I have Adobe Design & Web Premium installed. Although it's already old, it worked perfectly fine, until today.

I asked the helpdesk and after 5 different chats they say: Design and Web Prem is from 2012 its an older version for which we have no direct support. Please write your query here [link to community].

Help?!

All apps are updated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can run Photoshop, you should be able to run ACR. Does Photoshop Launch? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of Camera Raw would not be compatible with Adobe products from 2012. And Camera Raw is not a plug-in that is used with Lightroom since that technology is part of the Lightroom program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by telling us exactly what you have installed, all versions, which ACR version you're trying to launch and how you are launching it.

This sounds like you're trying to launch a newer version of ACR, but without the corresponding Photoshop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I also open with Bridge and then select the pics I want to edit to open in CC Raw and now all of a sudden I'm getting a message that says I need and active subscription to PS or PS Classic which I have. I've followed the instructions to close Bridge and then launch PS and then open bridge and CCRaw will be enabled however I'm still getting the same message that CCRaw is not enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you signed in to the CC desktop app? Do you get any sign-in prompts when you open Photoshop?

Are you fully current with all apps, so that they are all corresponding versions? You're not opening an old Photoshop version that you still have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've bought the Photography plan to solve the problem 🙈 because the newest version of Lightroom isn't going to work with de Camera Raw version of 2012, the helpdesk told me. 

Thanks for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines