• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom ->"edit in photoshop CC" doesn't follow the process version setting.

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I come from lightroom 6 + CS6 on OSX Maverick with no problems.

Since I change to Lightroom  + photoshop CC (19.1.6) High Sierra, I have the following issue:

When I set an old process version in lightroom like process 2010 (that I use a lot), then I choose "edit in photoshop" or " open as layers in photoshop", the image opened in photoshop was processed with the 2012 process version instead the 2010 I choose.

Can anyone help ?

Where can I tell it to Adobe ?

Thank's by advance.

Math.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> "When I set an old process version in lightroom like process 2010 (that I use a lot), then I choose "edit in photoshop" or " open as layers in photoshop", the image opened in photoshop was processed with the 2012 process version instead the 2010 I choose."

How do you know? Only when you select Open as Smart Object can you take the image back into ACR to see how it was processed there and alter the processing if desired. In my Windows system when I select Edit in Photoshop the image and processing data are sent to PS and processed in ACR, but before the image is opened in the PS workspace I do not see ACR, at most only a brief progress bar.  If, however, I send a Smart Image edited in LR in P.V. 2010, when I later open it in ACR (with a double click on the layer thumbnail) I see that P.V. 2010 is set.

Are you confusing the ACR plugin with the CR Filter in PS? They are not the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi elie_di,

Thank's for your answer.

I'm not confusing anything.

>>" >> "When I set an old process version in lightroom like process 2010 (that I use a lot), then I choose "edit in photoshop" or " open as layers in photoshop", the image opened in photoshop was processed with the 2012 process version instead the 2010 I choose."

How do you know?"

I know it for two reasons:

- The first one is because if I export my 2010 version process image from lightroom in .tiff image, then open this .tiff file in photoshop then I do "edit in photoshop" the same image that lightroom open in photoshop then I compare both there are not the same.

Also if I change my version process from 2010 to 2012 in lightroom, then I export it in .tiff then I open this .tiff in photoshop and  compare it with the 2 others, this last one looks like exactly the same as the 2010 version process "edit in photoshop".

- The second one is because  when you use "edit in photoshop" from lightroom, you can have the following very common and well known message "This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version x.xx for full compatibility."

THEN you can choose one of the 3 options "render using lightroom", "open anyway",or "cancel" . So this clearly tells us that for any reason (not really logic to me) "edit in photoshop" option always process using the photoshop ACR, that's the way it works. Only if your ACR version are different it warns you, and at this time it logically propose you to render using lightroom.

So now, if no one can help me, how can we make a "bug report" to Adobe ?

Thank's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reproduce your problem, but failed.

Here's what I did:

1. Opened a Raw image in LR Classic 7.5.

Set the Process Version to P.V. 2 (2010) and did a bit of editing in Basic - Exposure, Recovery, Fill Light, Blacks and Brightness.

Did Edit in Photoshop CC 2018. Conversion done by ACR 10.5.

Immediately saved image without doing any PS edits. Tiff #1.

2. In LR changed Process Version to P.V. 4.

Did Edit in Photoshop.

Saved image. Tiff #2.

3. Using ExifToolGUI I examined the embedded Xmps in the two tiffs, - see below. Note that in #1 the P.V. designation is different from #2 and that the tone editing parameters are those of P.V. 2.

Conclusion: ACR 10.5 used the appropriate P.V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elie_di,

Thanks your veryu much again for your answer and the time you spened for me.

You're probably right and I was wrong.

Your test is definitely and totally a more scientist method than mine  .

My visual comparaison isn't an illusion so I made other tests to understand what happen, but for sure something is wrong.

For the story I use 2010 version to help making pure white (255,255,255) background. 2012 go in opposite way  doing more highlights details recovery .

The issue I have is about highlights , the clipping warning tool, and the "edit in photoshop" option  (maybe it can still to be an acr problem, I really don't know at this time).

If you "burn" highlights details using more exposition watching clipping warning red color, then "edit in photoshop", once you're in photoshop some of the previous red zone which was supposed to tells you that your are pure white is not.

We are close but it is not, and some details can reappear ( that the point why I originaly though it was a problem of process version where the 2012 is use instead of the 2010 because details reappearing )

And like I said in my previous answer if I export to .tiff then open it in photoshop the image is what it is suppose to be, white is white (255;255;255).

I'll edit or make a new post with images to show you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW WOW WOW, stop

I just tried to do the same as you did.

I have not ExifToolGUI, but i went in photoshop file>file info>raw data

This is what I found from the image 2010 version process in lightroom "edited in photoshop" :

<crs:Parameters rdf:parseType="Resource">

<crs:Version>10.5</crs:Version>

<crs:ProcessVersion>10.0</crs:ProcessVersion>

<crs:ConvertToGrayscale>False</crs:ConvertToGrayscale>

This is what i found from the tiff image opened in photroshop which was exported from lightroom:

</xmpMM:DerivedFrom>

<crs:Version>10.1</crs:Version>

<crs:ProcessVersion>5.7</crs:ProcessVersion>

<crs:WhiteBalance>Custom</crs:WhiteBalance>

My process version changed whereas I din't want it !!! So my first feeling was good...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your Lightroom and ACR version numbers! They should be Lightroom 7.5 and ACR 10.5. The dot five part is the critical one here.

For some reason, the CC desktop app isn't reporting the latest updates for some people, so they're left with old versions.

It's important in this case, because a major reworking of camera profiles was done recently, and it's critical that both apps have that update. If one doesn't, the wrong camera profile is used in the "Edit In"-process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines