Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for Camera Raw profiles

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am taking a Photoshop course and the textbook that we have is already outdated (not really a suprise, given how quickly Adobe updates things, though the textbook is the 2020 edition). The problem therein is that the steps it's outlining for a particular assignment aren't aligned properly with the Camera Raw function anymore.

In particular, the text is requiring me to select a specific Camera Raw profile that doesn't appear to exist anymore. The text is asking for me to select the "Adobe Landscape" profile. However, when I click the dropdown for the profiles, I see this:

Julianne5FB7_2-1617934466599.png

I select "Browse..." assuming additional profiles would be available, and this is what I see:

Julianne5FB7_3-1617934514903.png

For further context, the raw format for this particular file is a Canon .crw raw format.

I looked around for the possibility to download the profiles, but as with the last post I made to the community, I'm guessing it's something to do with an update? And yes, my Photoshop and Camera Raw plug-in are both fully updated to the newest versions. I'm running Windows 10.

Thank you for reading!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's there if you click on Browse.  A lot has change with Camera RAW, and books even just a few years old are going to be of limited use unfortunately.  You can still do the same things like creating profiles, but the method is different.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's there if you click on Browse.  A lot has change with Camera RAW, and books even just a few years old are going to be of limited use unfortunately.  You can still do the same things like creating profiles, but the method is different.

image.png

By @Trevor.Dennis

Hello. Thanks for the reply.

Could you please elaborate? As I posted in my original message, when I click on "Browse", it does not show me anything of the sort as shown in your image. I cannot see any of those profiles. My screenshots show exactly everything as it appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop are you using? 

Do you have a full CC subscription?

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated in my original post, I have the latest version of the CC suite and Photoshop/Camera Raw plug-in. I have the full CC suite. Also as stated in my original post, I am running Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Camera Raw forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there. Thanks for that. Can I request that you just delete this entire post for me? So far, no one who had replied has been reading anything that I'm posting and it's frustrating to have to repeat myself over and over again on information I made sure to include in my original post. I'd rather just delete the post and forget about it than deal with a community who can't even be bothered to read the information that I have readily supplied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is really weird! And you are not providing 'exact' detailsed answers!

In ACR click on the Preferences Cog for us and screen-clip the Preferences dialog please.

Like this-

2021-04-10-Adobe Photoshop 2021.jpg    2021-04-10-Camera Raw Preferences  (Version 13.2.0.738).jpg

You should be seeing 'Version 13.2......'

Open Photoshop and screen-clip the report from the MENU: Help > System Info

Like this-

2021-04-10-20141227-.NEF @ 25% (RGB_8_).jpg

What do you mean by- " the full CC suite." ?  Adobe no longer uses 'CC' as any part of its software naming!

And answer the questions from @Trevor.Dennis 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Here's a tip from me to you: if you want people to respond, consider changing your tone. I have provided as much information as possible given the circumstances. I have stated, MULTIPLE TIMES IN ALL OF MY POSTS, that I am using the most updated version of all the software in question. I have said MULTIPLE TIMES the system I am using (WINDOWS 10) and nitpicking at terminology I am using when Adobe calls the suite CREATIVE CLOUD (aka: CC???? like I said?) is really unnecessary and unhelpful.

If you cannot provide me an answer based on the more than sufficient information I have provided, I kindly ask that you not reply at all. I'm looking for serious answers from people who are actually READING THE POST I MADE and not asking me the same things I have already stated over and over again, like yourself and your colleague above have done multiple times.

Thanks and have a blessed day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem determined not to supply the information requested. 'Latest' and 'most updated' is meaningless. An exact version number which has been requested, helps folk here to help you. Shouting (capitals) at those who are trying to help you is unlikely to encourage the volunteers who answer here to put their time to try and resolve your question.

If you really are looking for serious answers, then supply the serious information that was requested.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Julianne5FB7 

This is on page 287 of Photoshop 2021 Classroom in a Book. I have the profiles in ACR 13.2.

jane-e_2-1618064489060.png

According to this Adobe Blog the new Profiles were announced on April 3, 2018. Details are here:

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2018/04/03/april-lightroom-adobe-camera-raw-releases-new-profiles....

This is why we need to know your exact version, not "latest". These profiles are not available in earlier versions and we need to know what the issue is before we can help. Show a screen shot — this one is from the Creative Cloud app:

jane-e_5-1618065951276.png

Help us to help you.

Jane

Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines