Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Luminance missing in new Camera Raw update

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you just remove luminance slider in new Camera Raw update? I was using that option quite often.
Btw, for years every options were sorted between tabs, now I have to scroll down every time to find options/sliders I want. You just made my workflow 2x longer. When I open camera raw and had some panels expanded in last session my slider is all the way down, I have to scroll up everytime, what is going on??
If only those panels had different shades of grey. Can't you just give us an option to go back to old look?

Cheers,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Luminance is now called Noise reduction.

Click the little arrow on the right to see the options, which will be greyed out until you enter a value for noise reduction.

ACR-luminance-noise.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for the luminace slider as well... where did it go? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luminance is now called Noise reduction.

Click the little arrow on the right to see the options, which will be greyed out until you enter a value for noise reduction.

ACR-luminance-noise.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... I didn't think that was the same thing exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luminance is now called Noise Reduction but the underlying processing/results are identical. IOW, just a name change. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the correct answer. The question is about the Hue, Sauturation and Luminance sliders that disappeared from ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also the luminance slider in the color mixer panel, alson with saturation and hue. All the tools are still there. As far as having to use the scrollbar, set your preferences to single panel, and use ctrl/cmd- (plus a number to bring up that panel). Ctrl-1 for basic panel, ctrl-4 for color mixer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thank you for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much better answer. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines