• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mavic 3 Drone DNG has unexpected appearance in CR

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, i have new drone MAVIC 3. and when i try to open DNG with photoshop and camera raw i have really bad result . never see that before. It's like camera raw was not ready for this new DNG

someone have this MAVIC 3 and camera raw and see the same thing ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a DNG and explain what's 'wrong'? 

DNG is an openly documented file format designed by Adobe and a cousin of TIFF (also Adobe's). If the camera isn't correctly providing a DNG, you'll have to take this up with MAVIC. Can you also produce a JPEG from that DNG using the drone and do you see the same issues? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is JPG from MAVIC 3 et DNG open with camera raw but not treatment  .. if you pass JPG and DNG ou can see in bottom on DNG an aera more bright

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's more bright, that is part of the proprietary raw conversion. You should not expect a camera converted JPEG to match a raw rendering.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I'm a longtime DJI user, never had this problem with my other drones. With my Mavic 3, the DNG file is way overexposed vs the jpg. the highlights are so overblown that I can't recover them. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 9.32.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-19 at 9.32.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes it's really strange. not the same problem than me but perhaps a global problem on DNG with mavic 3.

i sent message to dji assistance and they ask me few question and i must ssend DNG, perhaps you need to do the same thing, more we are to speak about problem more we can have chance to find the solution 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines