• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge to HDR not working on some bracket series

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few weeks ago I updated to the latest versions of Photoshop, Bridge, Camera Raw, and Lightroom. My version of Camera RAW is 11.4.0.273. Since this updated I have had trouble merging images to HDR. Merge to HDR will not merge more than 4 images in an exposure bracket series of images (1 stop apart). It will give me the message "Error,  The operation could not be completed" if I try to merge 5 or more images. It will merge any 4 images in a series - first 4, last four, every other one, etc, - but only four total. Sometimes it will merge more than four in some bracket series, but I do not know why it works on some series of images and not on others. I can see no difference in file size, types, resolution, or bracket exposures.

I did not have this problem before the latest camera raw update. It always merged all images even if there were 9 images in the series.

I am using CR2 raw images from the same camera that I have been using for the last few years. I even tried converting the images to DNG and I get the same problem - camera raw will not merge to HDR more than 4 images in some bracket series.

I am using a Windows 10 Pro computer with the very latest updates, My video card driver is also updated with the latest drivers.

I like using the Merge to HDR fuction in camera raw so I am disappointed in this development. I have seen a couple other people in the forums have a similar problem but I see no solutions given. If this cannot be fixed I am thinking of rolling back the update to the prior version if I can.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the issue you are facing with Camera Raw 11.4 while trying to use the HDR merge on more than 4 images.

This is a known issue and is currently being worked on by our developers. In the meanwhile, you can download and install the previous version of Camera Raw using the link mentioned below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Regards

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj,

the previous version of Camera Raw isn't available anymore with this link. Only the current version is available: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Where can I find the previous version now?

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

If you are using a Mac, please refer the discussion in the article linked below.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/cannot-merge-panorama-in-10-14-6

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nikunj,

thank you, but I'm using Windows 10.

The only workaround for this problem is to get back to Camera Raw 11.3. But that's not possible anymore because Adobe removed the download link. Why did they do that?

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines