Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge to HDR PRO with ACR

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i tried to merge a HDR Pro photo with 32-Bit in ACR. if the camera raw window opened and i made the image settings (color, white-balancing, contrast, saturation, ...) and after that i clicked ok and photoshop convert the image to 16-Bit background-image with no camera-raw layer. in earliert versions did photoshop create a 32-Bit image with a camera-raw layer, where i could change the settings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Hi Sebastian,

Here, try this: I'm not sure how you are viewing your files, either in Explorer or Bridge, but either way, select all of the images that were used to make the HDR and open them all up in ACR.

Then IN ACR, be sure all of the images are selected and go up to the small dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the thumbnail and select "Merge to HDR..."

You will then be presented with a window to let you get rid of any ghosting, DO NOT USE THIS, IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU QUALITY IMAGES, just

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sebastianb,

Could you please let us know which exact version of Photoshop you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Are you using Merge to HDR feature available in Photoshop or Camera raw plugin?

Could you please try the steps below and let us know if it helps?

Set File Handling preference and Image Mode in Photoshop

To apply the Camera Raw Filter to a 32-bit (HDR) image in Photoshop:

1. Make sure that the 32 bit to 16/8 bit option is enabled. To enable this setting:
    • Choose Edit > Preferences > File Handling.
    • In the File Compatibility section of the Preferences dialog, check the box labeled Use Adobe Camera Raw to Convert Documents from 32 bit to 16/8 bit.
    • Click OK.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.6) with Camera Raw 10.5 on Win10 Pro 64Bit.

i use the automate -> merge to hdr pro in adobe photshop, but the camera raw window opens at the final step.

i changed the file handling, but i have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sebastian,

Here, try this: I'm not sure how you are viewing your files, either in Explorer or Bridge, but either way, select all of the images that were used to make the HDR and open them all up in ACR.

Then IN ACR, be sure all of the images are selected and go up to the small dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the thumbnail and select "Merge to HDR..."

You will then be presented with a window to let you get rid of any ghosting, DO NOT USE THIS, IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU QUALITY IMAGES, just click OK and let ACR create the HDR for you.

Photoshop CCSc-004.png

If you wish to avoid that window I just told you about, you can press "Shift-Option/Alt-m and that will bypass that window.

Either way you'll now end up with a new HDR, DNG image that you can further refine to your eyes desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines