• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Camera Profiles in Camera Raw (Not custom profiles)

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Canon EOS R. In Lightroom I have camera profiles (Camera Neutral, Camera Landscape, Camera Faithful, etc.)  Up until recently when I chose one of these profiles for an image then opened it into photoshop it rendered the profile correctly.  Today I opened an image from a Canon EOS R in Lightroom, chose the Camera Landscape v2 profile, made some adjustments then opened it directly into photoshop.  The image was very washed out.  After doing some sleuthing I opened the image from the raw .CR3 file directly into Photoshop using Camera Raw.  At the profile I had a yellow alert triangle, when I moused over it the tooltip read "Profile not installed, rendering is incorrect".   How can I have a profile installed in Lightroom and not in camera raw?  And why suddenly has it disappeared.  If I "bake" the file to DNG it looks correct, and certainly, I can get my "pop" back in PS but it's a lot more work that I really should not have to do. 

Edit:   I opened the file on my laptop, running the same version of Photoshop and Camera Raw, and all the correct profiles show up there.  So now the question is - do I have to completely uninstall photoshop to fix this or is there another way?

Any suggestions or ideas are very welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they show up on the other machine (laptop), you can locate them (note the location depending on OS), and just copy them to the other machine at the same location. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... when I look at the two folders that say CameraProfiles on the two different machines they are exactly the same.  The CameraProfiles folder under User/Hali/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles are empty except for the custom .dcp profiles I put in for my infrared cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try just reinstalling but something is amiss if the profiles exist in the correct location but don’t show up. You are opening an actual raw? What about the Process Version, they are both in version parity (LR and ACR?). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay I was away from my home computer where I have the problem.

Both LR and ACR are running the same process version. 

I have fixed the problem by copying the camera profiles that were in the C/ProgramData/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles and put it into the User/Hali/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles.

It doesn't look like that on my laptop but it is working.   Not ideal and I'm wondering what will happen at the next update, but for now I have it working how it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm scratching my head too. When I open a RAW file from my IR converted camera the custom camera profile does not appear in ACR. I am opening my .CR2 file in Photoshop 2020 21.1.0 release. I have checked in the correct location that the custom profile exists for that specific camera (an IR converted Canon 5D mkII) see the screenshot for reference. 

Has anone any idea how to "make" the custom profile appear in ACR?

camera profiles including custom IR profilecamera profiles including custom IR profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem with third party profiles. I have ten groups of them in Lightroom, but only one in ACR? If I try to install them in ACR directly, it says:" "Unable to import any profiles or presets. All items were allready imported." How can it be so, that I can see them in LR, not in ACR, but still ACR says they are imported allready?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving this a well-needed bump. I have the exact same issue as Olli above. The profiles I made with ColorChecker passport are all showing in the Camera Profiles folder, and all show up in Lightroom. In Camera Raw 16.01 all of them show, but one. That one profile is in the folder, shows in Lightroom but does not show in ACR. I tried to re-import and everything, but nothing works, ACR says it's already there. As a result when I open an image in PS from LR, the colors change massively. How's this possible??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went back one version in ACR and now the problem is solved. Good to know it is an ACR issue ' only'. Hope they upgrade to 16.02 soon as the issue seems to be in 16.01.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines