• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Lumix gh5 RAW file RW2 not reading

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought the Lumix gh5 and the RAW file RW2 is not being accepted by Lightroom 6, which I purchased this year.  I've read some of the FAQ and answers without finding a fix.  Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Support for this camera was added in Lightroom 6.9 and Camera Raw 9.9. The current Lightroom version is 6.12. So if you update to 6.9 or higher, the files should work fine.

If you don't get your updates via Creative Cloud, you can download here:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for this camera was added in Lightroom 6.9 and Camera Raw 9.9. The current Lightroom version is 6.12. So if you update to 6.9 or higher, the files should work fine.

If you don't get your updates via Creative Cloud, you can download here:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with RAW files from the new GH5s. They won't open in Lightroom or Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for the new GH5s is not available just yet. We are working on it and should have an update out soon. Thanks for your patience.

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be released when it is released. End of story. Take note that if you are using Lightroom 6 there will not be an update to include that camera. There are no more updates for Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a year, and I have upgraded ALL of my OS and software and I STILL cannot get the damn GH5 images out of the camera and into Lightroom. It is telling me that there are no photos on the camera. I updated camera RAW today and that STILL didn't help. Please help. I am so frustrated with this.
Mac High Sierra, Lightroom Classic CC, GH5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are truly using Lightroom Classic CC then you should have support for that camera model. What is the EXACT version of Lightroom installed on your computer? How are you trying to download the images (connecting the camera, card reader, etc.)? It is not possible to update Lightroom using the Camera Raw plug-in. That has no impact on Lightroom whatsoever. The plug-in is not utilized by Lightroom. It is necessary to have the proper version of the Lightroom program installed in order to have support for the camera. The current version of Lightroom Classic CC is 7.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 7.5, Camera raw 10.5. I just recently did the CC update within the last 2 weeks and it's not telling me there's a new update available. I have the camera connected via USb-C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to display the images using Finder? Can you transfer the images to your computer to a folder using Finder and then import them to Lightroom that way? See you have a card reader that you can use? A card reader tends to be more reliable, and is really the preferred way to import images anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only photo it can see is the one I saved as a jpg in the camera itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a shaded image, which indicates that it has been previously imported. It would also seem that it is the only image on that card. What does Finder show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried just importing raw only, but Lightroom couldn't see any images. I then went to the camera and saved one as a jpg, as a test, to see if it could see that, then I imported that one photo. There's still a hundred more RAW pics on the camera it cannot see.

The camera does not show up as a device in Finder, so I will try a card reader instead. This did not work last year when I tried importing the files. It imported them but could not read them. This year it just can't see any of them.

I will get back to you after I try a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything at all about the camera and have not read the instructions. There might be a setting that you need to adjust in order to make the computer recognize the camera. But if you have a card reader I would highly recommend that you use it. The downloads are much quicker, generally speaking, and are much more reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not support GH5.

I have used two different converters to take an MP4 encoded in H265 to change them to H264 (Handbrake and Wontube). So Now I have an H264 video imported into lightroom. Am I supposed to put this in Premiere now and then export tif files for each frame? Lightroom seems to be unable to take this "video" and create a stack of separate images from it. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eufemistiaks,

Can you try to open these in Photoshop? PS can handle video so this might make it easier. Once set up you can just run this as an action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I will try that, but this is not a sustainable, efficient workflow. I really wanted to start using the GH5 for photography, because it does 6K and also the lenses are a lot more affordable than Nikon, but there's no way I can deal with this process for every photo shoot. I'm really irritated because Adobe has had more than a year to fix it. They seem perfectly happy to charge people every month but seem to be taking their time keeping it up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I misunderstood what you are trying to do. You indicated that you were trying to import raw files. Mp4 Files are not raw files, so what is it that you are really trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned earlier, I set the camera to take RAW files, but it stored the files as MP4s, because I took the photos with multiple focus points. I want to get the individual photos into lightroom, but that is apparently not possible. I don't know what to do here. I don't know why lightroom still can't open this codec. It should be saving each set of images (one mp4) as a stack of raw photos, but it can't do that.

Put another way, I thought the files would be stored as raw files, because that's what I set the camera to. I didn't know they were stored as mp4s until I tried to import them and could not.

I posted screenshots of the whole process of trying to get the photos/mp4s out of the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no expert on your camera. No, I don't know anything at all about your camera. But I think you need to read the manual. You are doing something wrong. If you set the camera to take raw images it shouldn't be taking  mp4 files unless you are using the wrong controls. That's the only observation I can make. You cannot extract raw files from mp4 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's kindof a rude response. If you know nothing about the GH5, why answer a thread that starts with "GH5"? Maybe someone who uses a GH5 would have an answer?

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because if the camera is producing mp4 files, and you are trying to take raw files, then you aren't using the camera properly. A mp4 file is a video file. On my Nikon camera, to produce a video file it's necessary to activate video by pressing a different button then I used to take a still image. I can't take a raw image by pressing the button to take a video file. I think that is what you are trying to do. I was trying to give a little productive advice. But since you don't want suggestions, I'll leave you to your own self to figure it out. Good luck. Wasn't intended to be rude, just pointing out that you are doing something incorrectly and that you need to consult the manual for the camera to find out what it is. Every camera is different. Do you expect me to know everything about every camera from every manufacturer? After all, I'm just another user like yourself trying to provide assistance. Obviously I haven't helped you so I'll leave it to others from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, now what do I do? I found the problem. Even though I set the camera to take RAW photos, it captured them as MP4s. OK, so I'm still learning my way around the camera for image-taking, as I have only used it for videos this past year, out of frustration. This was the setting that takes multiple focus points so you can choose later which one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is giving me an error on this now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines