• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newest version of camera raw disabled it's best feature! Bring it back!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera raw default settings now deactivated as of -2020. I am a production photographer and before this last raw update to 12.2 I would open a raw file off of my a7r3, do light adjustments for the studio then save that preset as the default and anytime I opened a raw off of the a7r3 those setting would be automatically loaded and I used slightly different settings for my a7r4. Adobe would sense which raw file it was and load them. Not anymore. How do I bring that back?

Now I have to save an xmp file of those adjustments and load each time or load previous conversion. You would think I would be able to load that xmp file in camera raw prefences to load when I open camera raw but that option is greyed out.... This extra step is nightmare when working with 1000+ images. How can I revert back to old camera raw permanently?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the following video, it covers Lightroom but the new functionaly is the  same in ACR. 

https://laurashoe.com/2020/02/11/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-9-2-raw-defaults/

Video:

https://youtu.be/XGCnR9qEqA4

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sucks!. It works but what a pain in ass!!! How does this improve anyones work flow? By the way the camera database is empty in Photoshop. Can't choose a camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines