• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D7500 RAW issue - which editing system do I need?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

First of all, thanks in advance of any help, & secondly, I'm not very tech savvy, so please excuse me.  I have used Photoshop Elements 9 for a long time, and it has always served me well.  However, I recently switched from a Nikon D7000 to a D7500, not realising that it would make my PSE 9 redundant.  I have tried to download the correct RAW converter, but it doesn't work, so I figure I just need to pay some money, and start afresh with some new editing software.  Please can you advise which one I need so that I can carry on shooting in RAW, and then I can open the photos easily and process them, just like I've always done?

Thank you. 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

That camera model requires a minimum of Camera Raw 9.12, which is not compatible with your version of Photoshop Elements. If you want to continue using Photoshop Elements then the best thing to do would be to purchase an upgrade to the current version.

A free alternative would be to download and use the DNG converter provided by Adobe. This is a freestanding program that will create digital negative copies of your NEF files that can be made compatible with older versions of Camera Raw. But I thin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera model requires a minimum of Camera Raw 9.12, which is not compatible with your version of Photoshop Elements. If you want to continue using Photoshop Elements then the best thing to do would be to purchase an upgrade to the current version.

A free alternative would be to download and use the DNG converter provided by Adobe. This is a freestanding program that will create digital negative copies of your NEF files that can be made compatible with older versions of Camera Raw. But I think you will be much happier with a modernized version of Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ever so much Jim.  I did download the DNG converter, but couldn't make it work.  However, I am happy to upgrade to the current version of Elements.  Would that be the 2019 version, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The DNG converter does work. But the thing you have to understand is that it works at the FOLDER level. You'll notice that it prompts for a FOLDER containing raw files. You choose the folder but don't open the folder. If you open the folder then you will get the message that there are no raw files to convert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines