Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon Z50, Camera Raw 12.1, Windows7, DirectX 12, something went wrong

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I have just bought a new Nikon Z 50 camera, and an Asus Geforce GTX 1060 turbo videocard. Both was pretty expensive (for me). And I want to use your Adobe Camera raw, but it is not possible at all.

One of the reasons, why i choosed this video card, because I have Windows 7 SP1, and I am not willing to upgrade it to windows 10, but this videocard is still supported under Windows 7.

But your oldest Camera Raw which already able to support the Nikon Z 50 .raw format is the version 12.1. Which should be good, because it is also supported in Windows 7. But it ask DirectX 12 to support the GPU.

In breaf: For the Nikon Z50 raw pictures minimum needs Adobe Camera Raw 12.1, the Adobe Camera Raw 12.1 is supported in Windows 7 Sp1, my videocard is also supported in Windows 7 Sp1, but you ask DirectX12 to use my GPU, althought DirectX12 was never created for Windows7.

My question is how can I solve this issue?

Is it possible to make an earlyer Adobe Camera Raw compatible with the Nikon Z50 new fileformat?

Or do you have a developed DirectX12 for Windows 7 (like how the World of Warcraft has for example)?

Or is there a way to make the GPU supported by the Camera Raw 12 without the DirectX12?

Or I have to choose a non Adobe product to enjoy the job with my new gear.

Thank you for your answer.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not addressing Adobe employees on this forum. This is a user supported forum. We are all just other users like yourself, and I am probably not the best person to answer your question. However, I will venture a wild guess. First of all, DirectX isn't an Adobe product but is used by Adobe and other vendors. Secondly, Windows 7 is obsolete, unsupported by Microsoft, and in my opinion you are using it at your own risk.It seems to me that you are attempting to force compatibility between components and software that just aren't designed to work together. I don't believe there is even a DNG converter available you could use to convert your images to the Digital negative format. In my opinion, it's time to modernize your equipment, or just shoot JPEG images, or consider software from another vendor if you can find software  that will function properly. But then I'm not conversant on ancient (yes, ancient) software. If you can't modernize then I think you will have to compromise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jim stated, you have two options and maybe only one. 

First, convert to DNG so the NEWER raw is supported in an older version of ACR. Maybe; if you can actually run a moder version of the DNG converter. 

2nd; with that new camera, you need new hardware. Then you have lots of options like using a modern version of ACR and/or the DNG converter. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi

i have seen on different computers the same issue ,camera raw works on w7 but without gpu accelation ,even the basic feature , but it's full working on the same computer with w10 and not with windows 8.1

do you think it's related only to directx12 ?

by the way nice camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines