• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not all Adobe Camera Raw image adjustments printing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, here is my issue: this week I printed a grayscale photograph in Photoshop 25.31 that was edited in Adobe Camera Raw 16.1 the week before. When printed this week, the photograph maintained the crop adjustments performed in Camera Raw; however, adjustments to exposure and texture were not reflected in the final print. What makes this strange is that, when printed the week before, all adjustments were maintained in the final print and it looked as it should. Also, when viewed on my screen in Camera Raw and Photoshop, I could see the adjustments and the image looked as it should not only last week but this week as well. I have worked with other versions of Photoshop—including full Photoshop, Lightroom, and Photoshop Elements—on both Mac’s and PC’s and have never encountered this issue. It may be helpful to know that editing this photograph was my first experience using the latest iteration of the Adobe Bridge/Adobe Camera Raw/Adobe Photoshop workflow since purchasing a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud. Also, my printer is an Epson R2880, which is 15 years old, but has been trouble-free over the years. I have recent drivers for this printer installed. In an attempt to remedy the situation on my own I rebooted my computer, powered my printer off and on, downloaded the most recent updates to Bridge, Photoshop, and Camera Raw, and ran cleaning cycles on my printer. I am not sure what to do next and look forward to some feedback. For your reference, I am running MacOS Ventura 13.2.1 on a 2020 MacBook Air. Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the embedded profile? Gray Gamma 2.2 or something else?

What application are you printing from? Does it support grayscale color management, so that the Gray Gamma 2.2 profile (or whichever) is honored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi D Fosse, thank you for replying to my post. The color profile is Gray Gamma 2. I am editing in Camera Raw, opening in Photoshop without making any adjustements there, and printing from Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant "Gray Gamma 2.2".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As long as you're using the same (and correct) printer/paper profile, the result should obviously be the same.

What I've seen here in the forum is that Apple updates very often require a reinstall of a new printer driver. So even if you've done that, try it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines