• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nothing changed but DNG will no longer open neither old nor new files.

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using a Mac 10.14.6 Mojave.

Photoshop CS6 with Camera Raw 8.3.

I had DNG Converter 9.2.0. It worked last time I used it a couple of months ago (I’ve been ill) Now it doesn’t.

Does anyone have a solution why this happened and what to do about it?

I’m retired and will not be upgrading to a newer system or subscription PS, but would like to continue with PS6.

Thanks for any assistence you give.

TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG Converter doesn't "open" files, you point it to a folder (NOT individual RAW images) and it converts the whole folder to DNG. You can use the command line to send individual files but that assumes knowledge about command line queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering.

Yes I know that, I used the wrong terminolgy. But do you have an answer for my query?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so what is ACTUALLY happening? Error message? Are your RAW files supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were a couple months ago. Nothing was changed. DNG does not recogize any folders with any raw files. No error message only grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What on the computer changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it worked in the past but doesn't now, it doesn't sound like a DNG converter issue but perhaps an OS issue like privacy settings etc.

In System Preferences, >Security & Privacy, >Full Disk Access, so you see the DNG converter listed? If not, do add it and try again.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Lumigraphics and thedigitaldog for your help. Adobe CareHelp also contacted me with suggestions but nothing has helped. I have no idea what happened since nothing was changed on my computer, but I guess I’ll have to use a different program or figure out a work around.

Thanks again to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What camera do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines