• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Brushes on New machine.

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I'm a long time photoshop user who never learned how to use lightroom. When I started editing I learned from a friend who only used Camera Raw. In the following 10 years I've become rather sadly dependant on my workflow and the use of the brushes I've created in Camera Raw. Up until last month I only edited on my 2010 Mac Pro and thus my Adobe isn't the most up to date. Currently my desktop says it running Camera Raw 14.2 

Fast forward to today. Im typing this from a new M1 Macbook which has the latest Camera Raw 14.3 I believe and the layout is slightly different. I've found out where I can make brushes but I can't seem to make one and save it in the program. Am I doing somthing wrong? 

And my main question is this. Is there a way to transfer all of the brushes I've made on my older version to my new computer running the 14.3? Or can I get 14.2 on my new Mac Book? 

Thank you all in advance for your time. Have a nice day.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not doing anything wrong, there's nothing to 'save'. You can save and share presets but it sounds like you're referring to a local adjustment brush?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they're local preset brushes. Is there a way to make and save preset brushes in the latest Camera Raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presets yes, brushes no. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using a Brush in the Masking tool- there is an Adjustment Preset selection box with the menu option to save a 'New' Brush Adjustment Preset: (using your current Brush nsettings)

2022-06-10 05_12_03-Adobe Photoshop 2022.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob_Cullen wrote:

When using a Brush in the Masking tool- there is an Adjustment Preset selection box with the menu option to save a 'New' Brush Adjustment Preset: (using your current Brush nsettings)

2022-06-10 05_12_03-Adobe Photoshop 2022.jpg

Brush preset or preset? It doesn't alter my (current) brush back when I select it. It does update the paramaters for an existing brush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry @TheDigitalDog I am not 'with you' on your last comments.

The Local Adjustment Brush in ACR (from within the Masking function) can have the slider adjustments saved in a Brush Preset. (As distinct and different to a Global Development Preset).

And I agree, by selecting a Brush Preset you are changing the parameters for the current Brush effects. eg. if you brushed  [-1stop] then changed the Preset to [+2stops] then the brush stroke takes on [+2stops].

To use a different Brush Preset it is necessary to start another Brush 'mask' (Press [K] [K] and select another Preset)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rob_Cullen wrote:

Sorry @TheDigitalDog I am not 'with you' on your last comments.

The Local Adjustment Brush in ACR (from within the Masking function) can have the slider adjustments saved in a Brush Preset.

Slider adjustments yes, no question. But I read the OP's question about the brush itself. Like brushes, we can make and save in Photoshop. Maybe I'm reading that incorrectly. The preset saved in this case are the sliders but not the brush itself (size, feather etc) unless I'm missing something. Hence my answer: Presets yes, brushes no. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines