• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Olympus ORF files open smaller than actual size?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening Olympus ORF files in Photoshop 2022 (via Adobe Camera RAW), the resutant image size is 5184 x 3456 pixels.

If I open the same file via 'OM Wrokspace'  or 'ON1 Photo Raw', the image is 5184 x 3888 pixels. The thumbnail veiw on my MAC also shows the 'full size' image.

Why is it opening at a reduced size in Photoshop?

Thanks. Neil

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Select the Crop Tool and under Preset chose Full.

Screenshot-(964).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the below hints don't do anything, try the Camera Raw Discussion forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw/ct-p/ct-camera-raw?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all&l...

It looks like one side is the same, but the other (3888) is shortened or clipped in ACR.

Two ideas:

Version 14.4 was just released. Would you like to try updating first?

If that doesn't help, Reset Camera Raw. This video explains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7AzupMPl0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I updated my camera Raw to the latest version and reset it. Still getting clipped ORF files. I have no issues with Nikon NEF images. The thumbnail images in Mac Finder are showing the full image, however, the pixel dimensions that appears with the thumbnail are the shortened or clipped version, ie 3456 pixels on the short side of the image. The pixel dimension for the unclipped image (via ON1 Photo Raw) is 3888 pixels?

Screenshot 1 is Mac Finder, 2 is Photoshop Raw, 3 is ON1 Photo Raw.

Any further advice would be very appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked and can't find any article that relates to this problem. I've moved the conversation to Camera Raw bugs since the clipping is happening there. The only raw files I use are NEFs, so I can't offer much  else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the very least, we need you to upload the original raw to something like Dropbox or similar so we can examine it. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/5pisys4sujyiv8j4mjinc/h?dl=0&rlkey=5hqsfv3vh5z3z4btgja61nfuv

Hopefully you can see ORF example from Olympus Pen F camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Crop Tool and under Preset chose Full.

Screenshot-(964).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thank you very much for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have never guessed. The "As Shot" preset crop was it. Duly noted as correct. Thanks Jeff and Digital Dog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will check the camera settings and see if there is anything that can be root cause?

Thanks again for solving a very frustrating problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines