• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening photo in RAW snaps to top left-hand corner!

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I OPEN an image into Camera Raw & then OPEN, it snaps (small) to top left-hand corner of screen. When I go to 'View>Fit on Screen' the small image snaps to bottom left-hand corner! See more issues with same problem here - Photoshop 2018 Screen Snapping Issue  I've tried new workspace, using Elements & Photography workspaces, and nothing works!!!! I've now spent 3 weeks trying to resolve this issue. PLEASE HELP !!!! I work in Windows 10, Photography PS CC and all programs are updated. This issue since the last update!! Each project now takes 10x longer to drag an image full-screen to work on it.Bani Verma​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RealEstatePhotographer, I am moving this thread to Adobe Camera Raw​ community as experts here will be able to assist you quick and better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - but thanks for answering so promptly ... I tried it with/without CAMERA RAW and makes no difference. The image still snaps!! Have you seen all the people having problems in my link above? I've been another 4 hours this morning on this and can't solve the issue. Please see this, as well ... Photoshop CC 2018: Floating document windows in fullscreen w/menu bar causes window to jump to cente...   This snapping issue has not been resolved & I need a quick fix - CAN'T WORK THIS WAY !! Bani Verma​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RealEstatePhotographer,

This should be resolved in the Photoshop update that is now available. Please open your Creative Cloud, update Photoshop.

If it's still not working for you after updating the Photoshop to 19.1.1 version then, please share your system specs with us.

Go to Photoshop > help menu > system info and provide the dialogue information.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There ARE no updates to my PS CC. My program is up-to-date with 19.1.1. I've ALWAYS opened my photos in RAW, and this is only happening for the past 3 weeks after the last update. I haven't changed anything!! I've checked everything on this and found this in one of the forums ... "We have identified this issue as a bug and our engineering team working on this issue and looking for the fix." ... and "

"Hey Everyone! I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and give us feedback.Thank you! Hannah | Adobe Blog: Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More | What's new: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html | What's fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html | Instructions for updating: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html 

I CAN'T KEEP CHECKING EVERY LINK ON THE INTERNET - and I've sent my system specs 2 weeks ago and was told everything was fine and up-to-date. PLEASE SEND ME SCREEN SHOTS OF PREFERENCES so I can reset them and get on with my work!!! Many thanks for your kind assistance, Thea Bani Verma​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bani Verma​ I've just gone through CAMERA RAW updates. I have 10.2 & see there's a 10.2.1 update available - but not on the Adobe site. I only update from Adobe. The tutorial in CR takes me back to the same page I've spent days on Adobe Canada: Creative, marketing and document management solutions There truly is no way to make this work. I've clicked / unclicked various workspace Preferences, then took/printed a screenshot, turned off / restarted PS to see if the new Preference worked - and nothing! I'm so sorry to bug you, but I stopped counting @ 27 hours I've spent on this - and am VERY busy. Not much sleep lately trying to fix this - or keep dragging the opened image to full-screen. PLEASE HELP !!! I've been everywhere else !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thea,

Let me check with the team if the screen snapping issue still persists with Photoshop 19.1.1 update. In the meanwhile, you can update the camera raw plugin to 10.2.1 update. here: Camera Raw filter not compatible with this version of Photoshop

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit Goyal​ Bani Verma​ - .STATUS AS OF 9:40am - Toronto - Just spoke with Shaheen Afroz (Adobe Support - Bomgar - India) - CALL 1-800-833-6687 (Adobe Customer Care). Gave her screen access to my computer so she could SEE everything going wrong. A very patient, knowledgeable woman!! She had me delete all custom workspaces (6) which I'd created in the past 3 weeks attempting to fix this issue! She returned everything in PS CC to default workspace (elements). Lost all my Preferences & Workspace settings. She patiently waited while I put everything back the way I'd had it, saved the new workspace, replaced my saved Actions, and reset my Preferences. We then rebooted Photoshop and NOTHING IS FIXED. I felt sorry for her !!! So she asked if I'd hold for a couple of minutes, and she was going to check something - which she did. ANSWER - IT'S A CONCERN WITH THE APPLICATION & ENGINEERS ARE STILL WORKING ON IT !!! She's going to email me on Monday to let me know status. Perhaps if everyone calls 1-800-833-6687 - Adobe Customer Care - and insists that the conversation be recorded & sent to Head Office, we can at least get compensation for the frustration, loss of work & our time spent on this !!! I truly feel sorry for Adobe's Customer Care staff, all of whom are most patient & helpful throughout this horrendously frustrating issue !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I OPEN an image into Camera Raw & then OPEN, it snaps (small) to top left-hand corner of screen. When I go to 'View>Fit on Screen' the small image snaps to bottom left-hand corner!

Thanks for your patience with us, could you please share the screenshot of the issue as you mentioned above in your post? Also, we need the system info dialogue information from the Photoshop > help menu.

Press the tab key once or a twice after the image snaps to bottom left-hand corner in Photoshop and let us know the result?

You can refer the feedback link related to issue: Photoshop 19.1: In fullscreen mode, canvas moves to upper left corner and 3/4 of the canvas is unusa...

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mohit Goyal​ - My patience is wearing VERY thin, Mohit. No - I'm doing nothing more until I get that email on Monday from Shaheen Afroz with whom I spoke this morning! I've sent screen shots, system specs, ensured everything I have is updated, followed every link everybody from Adobe has sent me, tried your 'tab key once or twice' (which I shouldn't HAVE to do when opening an image), changed my preferences so that images do NOT open in Camera RAW (which makes no difference), reset everything to defaults & reset all my preferences, toolbox, etc., etc., and have given access to my computer - and I'm done!!! Did you not see the response (above) which I've received from more than 4 Adobe people now that "IT'S A CONCERN WITH THE APPLICATION & ENGINEERS ARE STILL WORKING ON IT". What would be the point of ME continuing to spend about 4 hours/day on this when I've got work piled up to my ears and Adobe can't get the bug out ????????????????? I've lost a great deal in lost work, lost sleep and horrendous frustration, while continuing to pay Adobe monthly. Any suggestions, at this point, for monetary compensation would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines