• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

opening XX images in PS with ACR: no multitasking

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I adjust 30 images in LR Classic v11. XMPs are written. After adjusting the 30 images I quit LR. I drag these 30 images onto PS (v22.5.1) to do final adjustments. ACR (v14.0) opens. When I say „Open“ the 30 files are opened in PS. This takes some time.

During that process I can’t do anything else on my MacBook. Whenever I click another App (Safari for instance) ACR will always be in the foreground. This is pretty annoying. 

I am on a MacBook Air M1 from 2020 with MacOS Big Sur 11.6. This issue has been the same for years (at least on Mac).

TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using Edit in Photoshop directly from Lr?  I am wondering why you are choosing an external route of Lr -> Finder -> Ps instead of directly from Lr to Ps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have tried that. But 

a) that creates additional TIF files which I don't want for multiple reasons. I find the RAW+XMP much more elegant.
b) my workflow often is finishing (for example) 30 images in LR and then after finalize these 30 images in PS. This is a more "batch-like" processing workflow 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't edit in Photoshop without rendered files being created, either PSD or TIFF. Just use Open in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that. With my workflow I just prefer to open 30+ files at once in PS after I am done with all my LR adjustments. 

And then it is annoying that ACR of PS stays in the foreground while all the files are opening. Effectively blocking the computer for that period. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is one reason to not do it that way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Lumigraphics. Your workflow is needlessly complicated, with several unnecessary steps.

If the point is to open them all at once, do it from Lightroom. Ctrl+E with Auto Sync enabled. I see absolutely no reason to involve ACR at all.

If you prefer to do the rendering in the background, export to TIFF/PSD from Lightroom, then go to the folder and open them all into Photoshop. Then it's just a question of opening 30 TIFFs/PSDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines