• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Beta Feature in Camera Raw 14.0 releasing at MAX 2021 - Preset Amount Slider Feedback Thread

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Preset Amount slider is a new beta feature in Camera Raw 14.0 releasing at MAX 2021.

To try the effect, use the Preset panel to apply a preset to a photo, then adjust the slider to reduce or amplify the effect of that preset. 

The 'beta' label means that the feature is still under development. Please use this forum thread to provide feedback about this feature. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Idea Released Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This technology preview is now a production feature and incorporates suggestions made in this thread. Thank you for your contributions.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
55 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 'support amount slider' ticked but the slider is still greyed out. A shame because I would love this as a built in feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't quite find the 'back' button on this one -- need to make sure after looking at all the presets I don't actually select one if I don't want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would really be nice if you could apply a preset to a selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to say a "Bridge" selection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry again.  Too early to write.  Forget the "Bridge Selection" comment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love it ! Its very intuitive and very easy to get the required result. Its a YES from me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love the preset slider in CR.  Would love to see it applicable with the 'old' presets too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the slider, please keep it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a brilliant feature. Thank you so much. So far, it's working flawlessly for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool feature. This is definitely something I use in VSCO App and makes editing on the fly super easy and less time consuming. My one major flaw with all preset related features is the lack of support. I feel like the preset manager is constantly getting updated and making all my old presets obsolete. This is rather frustrating when you have hundreds of presets. Luckily you still allow us to show "partially compatable presets" but if we want to have this new feature you provided, I have to manually click every partially compatable preset, apply preset to photo, right click, update with current settings, support amount slider, click ok. Not a huge deal unless you have hundreds. It would be really sweet if I could import partially compatable presets into camera raw and you had a built in feature to auto update all presets to current standards. Everytime I update photoshop, its a bloody nightmare. We should want to update our applications in excitement to learn about what new features you have to offer, not dread it because of the headache and compatibility issues we will have. Just some feedback from someone that has been using Photoshop since Elements 2.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Beta Feature Idea!

Any update to how to apply to existing profiles without resaving by creating a new on based on the original? 

Thanks,
Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been waiting for this. AMAZING feature!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love this feature!!! So many presets are overdone so this is great. 

The only problem I have is that you slide it once and then it greys out, not making it possible to make further adjustments. 

Great feature though

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love this feature! Please keep it around. I thought it was exclusive to a preset I was using. I've often times wanted to remove a preset from certain parts of a photo, and this is as close to that as possible without getting too complex in photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY ISN'T THIS JUST AN OPACITY SLIDER? 

BEFORE & AFTER. I SIMPLY WANT TO RUN AN EDIT AND THEN BRING IT DOWN A LITTLE TO MAKE IT MORE NATURAL. IF I BRING THE AMOUNT SLIDER ALL THE WAY DOWN TO ZERO, IT SHOULD BE THE RAW DEFAULT. JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a fabulous feature! I love the strength of preset application control it gives me. I'm going to play with using it in combo with ACR masking to see what I can achieve in diff. parts of my photos. I use a Win 10 desktop PC for my Ps/ACR work. For my brief tests (for the 1st time today) I like the granularity that I can achieve with the preset appln (smoothness of progression - vs. what wouldn't be so great --- i.e., big jumps) of the slider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love it fantastic just found took me awhile to understand very easy to use and it works great. Just keeps getting more advanced and easy to use. Thank you adobe for all your hard work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This slider is so freaking amazing. Please implement that in Lightroom. Im so hard in need for that. That would make my work so much easier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring this to LRC now too, and for existing presets! :')

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love this feature!!  It's a game changer!  Thank you for adding it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, love the slider feature!!!...two thumbs up. I currently use 'The Fader' to do this in LRC. Do you see this feature being incorporated in to LRC in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This technology preview is now a production feature and incorporates suggestions made in this thread. Thank you for your contributions.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate