• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: How do I use the same brush from image to image?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have custom brushes for portraits like brightening eyes, skin, teeth, etc. It was quick and easy to use the same brush from image to image. However, with the update, I'm finding I have to repeat several masking steps for each image. I need to keep the same settings as I work through my images. Is there a trick to this? It's very time consuming the way I'm understanding it currently.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

1. Uncheck the "Reset Sliders Automatically" option at the bottom of the edit sliders and it will remember your settings from image to image. 

2. Use KBSC [ K ] to quickly select the brush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Uncheck the "Reset Sliders Automatically" option at the bottom of the edit sliders and it will remember your settings from image to image. 

2. Use KBSC [ K ] to quickly select the brush

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this doesn't work with the latest update of Camera Raw 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This link may help in understanding how others are also experiencing this issue in the "Idea" section:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/p-masking-adjustment-brush-should-be-separate-from-m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a portrait photographer in the middle of a busy season who is frustrated with the new update! I love the masking BUT I'm no longer able to use same brush setting when working through a set of images. For example, I used to use a custom brush to lighten eyes and could easily edit several images using the same brush. Now, it seems I have to hit  "mask", "brush" (or "K" ) for each image, and select the brushes I want for each image. This is time consuming, and I will be going back to the old version of being able to carry over brush settings. I don't necessarily want to create "masks"... just a simple, quick brush option that carries would be great!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  My workflow has slowed significantly with this update on the adjustment brush.  I use the brush the same way you do (to enhance eyes)... on every single image ...   I have now reverted back to the old version of RAW so I can get images out in my normal time frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines