• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thats indeed a rendered image. But not a jpeg, but a TIF, so you still got some more room to play around. Obviously not as much as with a raw file, but still... 

Definitely curious to get the new Lightroom release, as many others in this forum 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Christoph21958709cbvb wrote:

Yes, thats indeed a rendered image. But not a jpeg, but a TIF, so you still got some more room to play around. Obviously not as much as with a raw file, but still... 

Definitely curious to get the new Lightroom release, as many others in this forum 😉

Right, because the proprietary software shipping with the camera can render raws (to TIFF, JPEG etc) but that's not a fix if you wish to render from an Adobe raw converter or any other 3rd party converter that hasn't as yet, updated their software. Adobe will eventually update their products, as will others. The point is, this is a silly and pointless dance that only limits the buyer who wants options where to process their raws. If Canon or Nikon or in this case Sony would either stop this silliness, or provide a raw to companies prior to releasing their cameras, or work on a universal raw format, or even give you the option on the camera for a DNG, you wouldn't have to wait. 

More photographers should complain to the manufacturers (would they listen?) This nonsense has gone on for decades. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR AND PS NE PEUVENT PAS LIRE MES RAWS DU SONY A7IV.

COMMENT FAIRE SVP ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quel version de LR, de PS? (S'il vous plait, ecrire les numeros, pas "mettre a jour").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version Lightroom Classic: 11.0.1 [ 202111111509-eae8952e ]
Licence: Creative Cloud
Paramètre de langue: fr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time, the RAW images from this camera are not supported by Adobe software.

Most likely *but not guarantees* it will be supported in the next release of Lightroom Classic and other Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support is not yet available for this recently released camera model. 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sony A7 IV is available for sale. When can we expect support from Adobe. I mean reading raw in Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never announces publicly when support will be added. Most likely *but no guarantees* the support for this camera will be included in the next release of Lightroom Classic.

You will just have to be patient, and we'll all find out at the same time when support for this camera is actually provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are using files from A7IV on ligtroom? How do you convert them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I will apologize for my English. Yesterday I picked up the Sony A7IV and I can't rip photos taken with this camera. Photo captured in RAW (.ARW) format. Pictures taken in the same way with the Sony A7III, I can rip without any problems. 

When can you expect the correct operation of moving photos from Sony A7IV to Lightroom?

Marek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
My raw files from Sony A7IV are not supported by any adobe program, any ideas why ? It seems to be because it's a new camera but how wasn't that anticipated by adobe teams ?
Thanks for your answers in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to have a production issued camera model with the latest Sony firmware installed so they can produce sample files for testing profiles etc. Support will not be available until that is completed.

Updates are released ever 2.5  or 3 months on average. LrC 11 was released Oct 26th.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am using the Sony camera A7IV, but seems like there is an issueto import raw photo, it keeps saying ”Copy failed. Something went wrong, please try later“. I was using A7III, its perfectly fine to import both raw and jpeg.

Just wondering maybe the model is too new and Adobe has not update yet?

I am using the camera for work so this is a bit urgent if I can't import raw photo to edit 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do tell Sony that as their customer, you don't appreciate, like Canon, Nikon and others, holding your data prisoner. For a couple of months.

They didn't with the JPEG. Why must they with raw? Year after year.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I don't agree, as an Adobe customer I say it to Adobe who is the one who has to hurry to have this update available. I guess Sony has its confidentiality policy and can not be giving the specifications of their new cameras until the right time to avoid being copied the strategy. Adobe on the other hand says that they release updates every three months, what is this? if they have the update they should release it immediately. The camera works perfectly, what doesn't work is Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am of the same opinion, since Lightroom is paid, this fee is to add a specific new camera model to the service as soon as possible. Two or three months do not convince me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! Why would I pay for a MONTHLY subscription if its only updated 4 times a year? I don't expect it to be improved every day with updates, but at least allow to be used with the main camera brands new cameras within a useful timeframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I respectfully disagree.

Like many others stated, these cameras were embargoed. If I were Sony I would definitely not send all this confidential date to a company like Adobe- how many NDA's would need to be signed?

When you have the leading photo editing programs on the market and charge a monthly subscription for it without any other alternative you need to be on top of the game for things like this. We are talking about the most anticipated camera for 2021- the update should be out in a week, not 2-3 months. 

The last thing I can do is blame Sony in this case, sorry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like the Sony a7 iv to be added to the Lightroom classic list so that these ARW files can be read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wann wird es möglich sein,das LR die raws der Sony alpha 7 IV lesen kann?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE LIGHTROOM FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dauert wohl. Unbequemer Workaround: Mit Sony Viewer in 16 Bit TIFF konvertieren und diese dann in Lightroom rein... ja ist keine feine Lösung. Am besten die nächste Zeit die Serienbildgeschwindigkeit gering halten bis das Update da ist xD Diese TIFFs sind 187mb groß..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was helpful. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo und guten morgen - um möglichst vielen bei ihrem Workflow zu helfen, hier die Antwort in englisch, hoffe, das ist ok...

Good morning: as some of my predecessors wrote: as always it takes some time until the codes are processed through the programs. Thus don't expect to get it working within the next month (just my personal guess).

What I would propose is the following work-around:

-Shoot both jpg and raw (keep the name the same for both formats)

-Import and select your jpg-files into lightroom.

-Develop the "connected" raw files from your selection via sony software, (The editor is nothing you want to use on a daily bases, but if you ask me, it's a decent tool to develop raw files and gives you most the choices you might need).

Best M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines