• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I work with LR 6. I think that is the problem. Do I understand well I have to convert the pics to DNG? Is it correct that the newest Camera Raw does not work in LR 6?"

Your understanding is correct:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/why-is-my-camera-not-supported.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support looks added, but does anyone else have issues with the camera profile names?  For example, under Camera Matching from the profile browser, see names like FL, IN, NT, PT.  I assume PT stands for Portrait?  This just me (or maybe unware of some setting)?

Attached is a screenshot of what seeing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"under Camera Matching from the profile browser, see names like FL, IN, NT, PT."

Those are the names of the Creative Looks in the Sony ILCE-1 and at least a few other Sonys:

https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2040/v1/en/contents/TP1000409217.html

LR/ACR names their camera-matching profiles using the same names as the camera manufacturers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea why not seeing Camera Standard, Camera Portrait, etc like I did with my Sony A7 III?  I received the new Sony A7 IV, but the camera profile does not seem to work like before. Not sure if doing something wrong or not.

For example, attached are screenshots of what I see with a picture from my Sony A7 III vs what seeing with the Sony A7 IV in LR.  Any idea why with the new Sony A7 IV not seeing these camera profiles?  

Is anyone else with a Sony A7 IV seeing the Camera Standard, Camera Portrait, etc in LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Any idea why not seeing Camera Standard, Camera Portrait, etc like I did with my Sony A7 III?  I received the new Sony A7 IV, but the camera profile does not seem to work like before."

As I wrote in my previous reply, the names FL, IN, NT, PT, etc. are what Sony now calls their Creative Looks in some of their new cameras.  In the A7 III, they are called Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Portrait, Landscape, etc.:

https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1720/v1/en/contents/TP0001653152.html 

In the A7 IV, they are called ST, PT, NT, FL, etc.:

https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2110/v1/en/contents/TP0002911200.html

LR/ACR names the camera-matching profiles using the names assigned by the camera manufacturers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there currently any support in Lightroom or Photoshop for the Phase1 iXM-RS150 camera.

I am being forced to use Capture 1 22 and its painfull and very slow.

Have upgraded to the latest camera raw 14.1 but still cannot process the files.

Many Thanks

Matt 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ixM-RS150 is not on the list of cameras supported by Camera Raw or Lightroom. (Click on the link in the first post of this thread to see the full list.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The iXM-RS150 is not even on Capture One's list of supported cameras

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002718118-Camera-models-and-RAW-files-support-in...

Adobe lists 28 supported Phase One cameras. Capture One lists 37. Neither lists the iXM-RS150, a medium format camera for aerial imaging.

Am I reading your post correctly? Are you using Capture One 22 to read the iXM-RS150 Raw files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware that it is not currently supported which is dissapointing. 

Yep Capture One 22 reads them and can convert them but its expensive, a pain to use, and its very slow and innefficient despite their claims. They are however pretty big files 14204 by 10652.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep Capture One 22 reads them and can convert them

Curious that they don't mention that camera in their list of supported cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there already a planned date when to include support of the new OM-1 camera (by OM Systems, formerly Olympus) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe rarely announces dates. But historically, support for a camera from a major manufacturer usually comes out in the next release of LR and ACR following the announcement of the camera, or in the release after that. The OM-1 was announced 2/15/22, a week after LR 11.2 was released, so we might expect to see support in LR 11.3. LR releases about every 8 weeks, so we might expect to see LR 11.3 the first week of April.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the OM-1 support a bug? According to the Adobe Lightroom for iPad Appstore page, 7.2.1, includes support for the Adobe Camera Raw 14.2 update, which according to the Support Camera Page, includes the OM-1. However, when I import the ORF files they do not display (you can verify they did import because it starts uploading it to my LR Cloud), there aren't even placeholders that are displayed for the newly imported ORF files. Bug or no support yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I just got my brand new Panasonic GH6 and I am super excited about it. I use it for work both for videos and photos. Used the GH5 until now for this. Unfortunately the RAW RW2 files from the GH6 won't open in the latest version of Lightroom Classic (11.2) or any other Adobe programm. That's really a problem for me because working with JPGs is not really an option for me.

Can you already tell me when the update for the GH6 will be available? I guess it comes with a "Camera Raw" upgrade? Or does anyone know how long this usually takes after the release of a camera?

For the moment I have to use the Silkypix Developer which can convert the files to 16bit TIFFs. But it's not very convenient, because it takes a lot of time and the files are huge.

Many thanks in advance! Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras currently supported by Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop are listed at this link

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Assuming availablity of said camera/lens, timing for support is typically within 2 to 3 months after the last version update. For reference, the last update to  Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop was 7 February 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that info and the quick reply. Two to three months really seems like a long time to me. Honestly I am a little bit disappointed here. I hoped big brands like Panasonic and Adobe work this out together during beta phases of a camera so that the update is available at the launch of the camera. But of course, I am no expert at all. Maybe this is not possible technically.

So I guess I just have to wait and check for new updates regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hoped big brands like Panasonic and Adobe work this out together during beta phases of a camera so that the update is available at the launch of the camera.

Doesn't happen, not with any camera manufacturer. The camera manufacturers could (but choose not to) use an open RAW format, which is called DNG, and then the RAW photos from the camera could be used in Lightroom Classic on day 1. So in my opinion, the fault goes to the manufacturer, not to Adobe.

Anyway, this non-cooperation has been going on in the decade or so that I have been using Adobe products. And Adobe makes no secret of it either: they state this publicly, that it may take up to 90 days for new cameras to be supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems a bit weird really. Fore sure not very consumer-friendly. There have to be a lot of other people out there who are very excited like me when a new camera comes out and get it as fast as possible. Not being able to edit the new photos with the best photo editing software out there doesn't really fit into the year 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree. But you can complain to the camera manufacturers.

As far as it being "not very consumer-friendly", Adobe needs to go through quality control, to make sure not only are they rendering the RAW image properly, and that they are not going to accidentally changing any of the original pixels in the actual photo file. This is consumer friendly, it guarantees a high quality product. They are doing this for your benefit. I can imagine if Adobe didn't do this, and there would be problems rendering the image on day 1 or problems where the image content is damaged, people would scream bloody murder, that would be worse, it certainly would be consumer-unfriendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't say Adobe is to blame. I don't know whose fault this is. Just saying the mere fact that it is like this is not consumer-friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't say Adobe is to blame. I don't know whose fault this is. Just saying the mere fact that it is like this is not consumer-friendly.

By @Jan M. B.

The fault is totally with the camera manufacturers and as others have correctly stated, this has been going on for decades. This affects all software companies that you would want to process your raw data! It is completely unnecessary.

Every time a new camera is produced, the camera manufacturers produce a new, differing proprietary raw file. It may only be different by a small degree but the current raw processor cannot process it. So the raw has to be reverse engineered to start.

Now with Adobe, the process is a bit more complex. Rather than one who assumes, I'll try to describe how it works without endangering any NDAs.

Adobe needs both the raw and a camera because they must also shoot targets to build both lens and camera profiles, sometimes camera matching profiles. That takes time. They then must build a new version to test internally. After that, testing outside the company takes place, sometimes staggered (alpha then beta testing). In order to even do so, they have to build installers, instructions, upload for testers, and so forth. This takes time too. Now it is common for the outside testing to take a few months, especially if (and when; we have some very good testers), find bugs. The bugs must be fixed, the newer installers have to be built, the testers have to test again. Rinse and repeat. This takes time.

Lastly, Adobe has schedules for releases that are not based solely on when some company might release a new camera. Let's say your new camera was released on January 1st. Let's say Adobe had a scheduled release for newer features, bug fixes, and previous camera support for February 15th. Well, it is very unlikely your Jan 1 camera will get support until the next release. As others have correctly stated, this takes place roughly on a 2-3 month schedule. Also, be aware that Adobe has no less than three products that must support all of the above work. Someone here assumes how this takes place. Ignore assumptions.

You have every right to be upset that you can't fully use your new camera and again, the blame falls on the camera manufacturer. You can see that the JPEG, an openly documented file format that has been openly documented for decades is no issue. Yet your proprietary raws are. It is your data and you are being forced to wait because of the camera manufacturer. All this costs you and Adobe and all other software companies time and money. But by and large, photographers don't blame the right parties, they would rather assume, dismiss the open raw format Adobe proposed and blame anyone but the right party; the camera manufacturers

Those that assume can't tell us why this is a good idea for anyone (let alone the camera manufacturers) but this endless loop happens year after year. To the same result: money and time wasted, the newer proprietary raws always getting supported. Why? When will it stop?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop with the DNG argument.  This is a (should be dead) 10 year old discussion and will not change.  Manufacturers obviously have a good reason to stay with their RAW formats.  Over the years, in most cases, it has not seemed that Adobe has had much problem supporting the new cameras.  I strongly suspect that camera manufacturers provide Adobe with early versions of new camera raw, but understand that Adobe only really want to work with final firmware versions.  In my experience, Adobe support is significantly shorter than the 2-3 months you quote....and I praise them for their responsiveness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manufacturers obviously have a good reason to stay with their RAW formats. 

By @jrsforums

They do have a good reason, solely to benefit themselves and not their customers. There are zero benefits to customers. Meanwhile, Adobe and every other raw software manufacturer have to spend time reverse engineering this over and over again, testing, documenting, and releasing new versions, unlike the camera JPEG. How is this a good move for anyone other than the manufacturers for a limited amount of time?

I strongly suspect that camera manufacturers provide Adobe with early versions of new camera raw, but understand that Adobe only really want to work with final firmware versions.

By @jrsforums

This is based on what data? IOW, which manufacturers do this based on actual data from Adobe?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still whipping the dead horse!

it really doesn't matter how Adobe gets it, but they get it early.  Knowing your style, if my guess was wrong you would have slapped it down as wrong, based on your inside knowledge, rather than your deflecting "based on what data".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly suspect that camera manufacturers provide Adobe with early versions of new camera raw, but understand that Adobe only really want to work with final firmware versions.

Knowing your style, if my guess was wrong you would have slapped it down as wrong, based on your inside knowledge, rather than your deflecting "based on what data".
By @jrsforums

As I detected, your comment is an assumption (an admitted guess).

"The problem with assumptions is that we believe they are the truth." -Miguel Angel Ruiz

Your inability to answer a simple question (How is this a good move for anyone other than the manufacturers for a limited amount of time?) speaks volumes.

My NDA with Adobe and thus inside knowledge doesn't allow me to provide details to properly slap you down as wrong. Yours?

it really doesn't matter how Adobe gets it, but they get it early. 

How early is that? 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines