• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know when Lightroom will support RAW files from Sony A7R V (ILCE-7RM5)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know when Lightroom will support RAW files from Sony A7R V (ILCE-7RM5)?

By @user7977129

That question has been answered:

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 6.51.22 AM.png

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I bought a Sony A7RV
Camera raw does not run photos taken in raw format at the moment.I request your support with an update as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Aykut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. When can we expect the RAW support update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the support of the new Sony camera is planned and comes with one of the next updates.

But Adobe gives us never informations about release dates.

So right now your choice would be work with the Sony software to convert your RAW files into DNG.

This DNG files you can be used for further work in CameraRAW and Photoshop.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Imaging Edge desktop can export to DNG. Best option I found was exporting to tiff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hopefully the update will come soon.

Thanks,

Best regards Mark 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/why-is-my-camera-not-supported.html

IF your camera is so new, it isn't listed here; nothing you can do for the time being. 
Every time Canon (or Nikon, or Sony, etc) release a new camera, they do this stupid trick of making yet a new proprietary raw file that everyone outside the company, including Adobe, needs access to so they can 'hack' the tiny differences to support that new proprietary raw. You, the customer, get to wait and are forced to use the manufacturer's raw converter until this all takes place. It is silly, but that's how it has been for decades. Some companies are faster to do this than others, but the facts are every 3rd party raw converter manufacturer has to go through this silly dance. Complain about this to your camera company. 

As to when you'll see support, no one here that actually knows the release schedule can state this openly here. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a shame, i also bought the sony A7rV but cant use in Lightroom.

Hope its soon fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's here! Download the december 2022 Camera Raw update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PMeesters_0-1670939623932.png

I imported my saved pictures taken with the A7RV, and Lightroom Classic can't create the previews... that's weird...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm it's working fine to me (on a Mac). Check if it's possible to open one of those in Photoshop. If not.

Try a reboot and/or create a new lightroom catalogue. Make sure it's the 2023 lightroom version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake, I also had .JPG files stored in the same location. Those were imported also ..
Feeling silly now 😄
The jpegs are deleted 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy,

I'm using the new Sony A7R5, and I can't transfer my RAW images. Is there something to do, or do I just have to wait? Thanks
Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy,

I'm using the new Sony A7R5, and I can't transfer my RAW images. Is there something to do, or do I just have to wait? Thanks
Marc

By @Durstjaz

You can render (process) the raw in Sony's proprietary software and save out as a TIFF then use PS. 

You can wait until support for that new camera arrives in ACR/LR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks,

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the exif datat to make lightroom think its an older model. Here is my workaround.

it only works with normal compressed raw, not uncompressed, or lossless compressed. and its not an easy thing to do. Here is my method (for folders) windows computers
1.change exiftool -k.exe to exiftool.exe
2 make sure exiftool is in your username directory (C:\Users\yourname)
3paste this into powershell
exiftool -sonymodelid="ILCE-7RM4" -ext ARW -r 'C:\Users\yourname\folder with files in it
4 DONE: BATCH PROCESS ALL FILES IN FOLDER (make sure to have all the punctuation correct)

example from my setup
exiftool -sonymodelid="ILCE-7RM4" -ext ARW -r 'C:\Users\markh\Desktop\R5 test files\R5'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You forgot to mention "backup first", as there is always a risk of corrupting one's raw images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought 3 Sony A7R5 bodies and at this moment i cannot open these raw files in acr 15.0 This camera is still 2,5 week on the market. When can i expect a update? Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I bought 3 Sony A7R5 bodies and at this moment i cannot open these raw files in acr 15.0 This camera is still 2,5 week on the market. When can i expect a update? Thanks in advance. "

Support for a new camera from a leading manufacturer typically comes in the LR release following the release of the camera or, less frequently, the second following release.  A new version of LR comes out about every 8 weeks, so we might expect to see LR 12.1 mid-December. (I have no inside information on this, and Adobe never announces such things ahead of time.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the exif datat to make lightroom think its an older model. Here is my workaround.

it only works with normal compressed raw, not uncompressed, or lossless compressed. and its not an easy thing to do. Here is my method (for folders) windows computers
1.change exiftool -k.exe to exiftool.exe
2 make sure exiftool is in your username directory (C:\Users\yourname)
3paste this into powershell
exiftool -sonymodelid="ILCE-7RM4" -ext ARW -r 'C:\Users\yourname\folder with files in it
4 DONE: BATCH PROCESS ALL FILES IN FOLDER (make sure to have all the punctuation correct)

example from my setup
exiftool -sonymodelid="ILCE-7RM4" -ext ARW -r 'C:\Users\markh\Desktop\R5 test files\R5'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You forgot to mention "backup first", as there is always a risk of corrupting one's raw images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's pathetic that Adobe is not on this. Other software already supports the A7R V, what's the delay Adobe? Your software is unusable right now. Get on it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They did the same with the a7iv last year. Adobe does not learn from its mistakes. Shame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines