• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's pathetic that Adobe is not on this.

Adobe is on this, you just as yet, don't have the build.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? The camera is only barely in the hands of customers. The first of these started arriving maybe a week ago or so. Adobe doesn't change their release schedule for cameras that come out and as explained extensively in this thread. Adding support takes profiling the camera (which Adobe doesn't get before anybody else!) in controlled lighting conditions and building the color profiles and adding this to the next point release. Some other developers don't do this extensive profiling and only care if the program can read the file and present something that is not too far off. Adobe takes a more conservative approach. Point releases have to be extensively tested as they contain far more than just camera support and they don't want to come out with bugs that cripple customers' computers or randomly delete files. If you right now want to have preliminary support you can always sign up to be a prerelease/beta tester. The rendering of the files might change between beta releases and final release of the camera support though and those can contain other major bugs.

This refusal of camera manufacturers to share upcoming new cameras with third-party developers such as Adobe is why (in addition to giving it time for the manufacturer to iron out the bugs in the camera itself through inevitable firmware updates) it's best to hold off on buying a new camera until you know the support chain is in place. Or if you really want to be at the bleeding edge, you simply have to live with a few weeks of not having support in your favorite program. As was already said in this thread the point releases come quite regularly many times a year and typically contain support for the newest cameras. You'll likely see one in a few weeks. I don't have any info on actual dates for the next release like most everybody else here (or if somebody knows they are not allowed to tell) but history is a good guide here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect, even if Adobe had early info on a new camera, they would not invest any development resources until the camera/firmware was release level....which is often within days of GA.  In addition, even if the files were DNG, rather than 'RAW', wouldn't they still need to fine tune final Adobe & Camera profiles and other 'tweaks' that are camera specific....all of which tak time and need to be release in new level of software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They take their sweet (moderator edit for profanity) time. And they seem to only care about raw files, they still don't support .HIF (HEIX type) and that's been out for years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have before released early support (meaning only a generic profile and no camera matching profiles) for cameras that they had early access to. The big three camera makers don't do this unfortunately so you rarely notice this. With dng files, what happens is that the dng file will have a built-in rendering profile from the camera maker. Lightroom will always open and render dng files because of this, even for cameras that haven't been profiled by Adobe. They will simply use the profile embedded in the dng file in that case. Leica is a good example of doing this well. Adobe will in those cases indeed profile the camera itself also and over time provide additional profiles but it will be supported from day one of course simply because the camera maker provided the rendering profile. This is all openly documented how to do this in the dng specification and is no more difficult for the camera maker than what they already do for their own in-camera "picture styles". It's a trivial mathematical transformation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jao vdLIf this was some small company or a single developer, I would not complain at all. But we're talking about Adobe, a huge corporation. The biggest even when it comes to image editors. This is their core business and I am a paying customer. They should make it their priority to get ahead of issues like these.

Even if what you say is all true, then Adobe should put money and resources into improving relations with camera manufacturers so that they can in fact have their software up to par before or on release of new cameras. Or at the very least, they could communicate to their users exactly what the issues they are facing are, and why it's taking them so long to make their software work with new cameras. But instead we get silence which I interpret as, not giving a damn. Could I be wrong? Absolutely! But then inform us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jao vdLIf this was some small company or a single developer, I would not complain at all. But we're talking about Adobe, a huge corporation. The biggest even when it comes to image editors.

By @loco27057486xady

One that has to deal with both OSs (some companies do not as outlined by a ranter but ignored), one that has a dedicated release schedule well in advance of its release or that of any single camera, one that has to provide profiles for cameras, one that has to (or does) use outside beta testers, one that has to create localization for many dozens of languages and the same for documentation on various sites it runs. 

Of course, what those that rant fail to grasp is none of this delay would be necessary IF the camera manufacturers would stop making proprietary raws for each release OR at least share their proprietary raws with Adobe and others well before their planned releases. They don't, but some would rather blame Adobe for the facts provided that have been an issue for decades. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love a pony too (they take a lot of work care and feeding so rather not 😉 ). Fact is that this is only one of many cameras released. Others had anxiety about support for R6 II, Z9, R7, A7 IV, etc. The release pace of Lightroom releases is very clear and really waiting for maybe 8 weeks is too long? Every release adds a whole bunch of new camera and new lens support. This is just one of many cameras and they simply never give ETAs on when support will appear for any new camera and releases are not synchronised with camera releases (for rather obvious reasons) but it is rather clear that it will be soon if you look when the last version was released. 

The camera makers are well known to be extremely secretive about their camera releases and don't care much about third party raw developers. The camera makers' business model is all centered around building up hype before a release and they very tightly control cameras leaving the fold before the release. In fact they are still quite dismissive that anybody would ever want to use anything but their own (generally very crappy) raw software. The only exception of the big three seems to be the smallest of the bunch - Nikon who in recent years have started embedding camera raw/Lightroom rendering instructions in their raw files. They still don't provide prerelease cameras and you will still hear them aguing that because NEF is their own proprietary format that their raw converter will give the very highest quality conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a trial version from Capture One that has support for Sony a7rv, but I miss Lightroom and the tools I trust and like 🙂

Please....

Regards Lars

Denmark

Scandinavia

Europe

Earth

Galaxy Milkyway

Universe fahr out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I bought a Sony AR7 V camera. Today I used it for the first time. I used the sd card I previously used in my older Sony camera. 

Unfortunately, when I transfer the raw files onto my computer Bridge doesn't recognize them and I don't get any previews. I also cannot open them in Camera Raw. All I see is a blank oblong with Ps in it (the photoshop icon). When I try to transfer the files into Bridge using a cable I get the message "no valid file".

All my adobe programme's are up-to-date. 

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when an update will come for the Sony A7RV to import RAW files? Paying for Lightroom at the moment and can't use it because the camera is new is frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Camera model was announced Oct 26, 2022. The latest update to LrC was released Oct 18, 2022 so it's no surprise that it does not provide support for your Camera model.

Normal time frame for release of updates for new Camera models is 2 to 3 months so you will just need to wait a least a few more weeks. Adobe does not provide timeline for specific camera models.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use exiftool to change the exif data in the files to trick lightroom to think its an a7r4. look back in this thread and youll, find my workaround. I have shot 3 projects in the last week and it works fine. only for normal compressed files..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use exiftool to change the exif data in the files to trick lightroom to think its an a7r4. look back in this thread and youll, find my workaround. I have shot 3 projects in the last week and it works fine. only for normal compressed files..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does somebody know when will Lightroom Classic will be able to read the new SONY A7RV raw files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those who know would be under NDA and therefore not permitted to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, I thought they would at least communicate somewhere the date it will support...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Il m'est impossible de lire les Fichiers RAW  (*.*ARW) du nouvel appareil photo Sony alpha 7R V.

Savais vous si une nouvelle mise à jour de lightroom prendra en charges ces fichiers ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will RAW files from the A7R5 be recognised by LR and other adobe programs like the DNG converter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those who know would be under NDA and therefore not permitted to say.

@Rikk Flohr: Photography  can this be merged with others at https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-raw-file-support-requests-and-information-ne...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw photo files from my camera doesnt work with lightroom says its unsupported file.

Does any one have a anwer to help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sony FX30 isn't currently supported by LR / ACR:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

It was announced in September and released in late October. LR 12.0 was released on October 18.

Support for a new camera from a leading manufacturer typically comes in the LR release following the release of the camera or, less frequently, the second following release.  A new version of LR comes out about every 8 weeks, so we might expect to see LR 12.1 mid-December. (I have no inside information on this, and Adobe never announces such things ahead of time.)

Meanwhile, you can use Sony's software to convert raws to TIFFs and import those into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Camera Raw support the RAW-Files of the new Sony Alpha 7r V.
Can´t use my usual workflow with the new camera as long there is no support for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¿Cuando tendremos la actualización de Lightroom para poder descargar los raws de la cámara Sony A7RV que se presentó hace mas de un mes ?

Tengo varios trabajos realizados con esa cámara pero no veo que cuelguen la actualización para que reconozca esa cámara.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe-Team,

when can we expect the update that we can import the RAW files of the new Sony A7RV in Lightroom Classic? 

Best regards,

Ralf 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines