• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned elsewhere in this discussion, the Sony Alpha A7RV isn't supported at the moment. 

Therefore, you'll have to use Sony's own raw converter until Adobe update Lightroom to support the A7RV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased my Sony a7R V and was wondering when will you have Raw file support in Lightroom.

As of the moment it gives an error when trying to import to Lightroom. (see attached)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Image support is unavailable because the sony a7rv was launched a month ago. We request you allow us some time to add that to the list. We will update it in our community whenever the update comes. 

For a complete reference, you can check this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-raw-file-support-requests-and-information-ne....

Regards,

Ranjisha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha,

Are you able to provide and estamte to when this update to be complete? I understand adobe need time to update things on there end but like myself and thouand's of other adobe paying users we cant use your software to process our images.  

Many thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe never provides these kinds of estimates. We just have to wait.

Keep in mind that it's actually the camera manufacturers causing this problem due to their lack of in-camera support for DNG.

Adobe still provides Camera Raw updates as a free service to users but we have to wait until they have completed their testing. New camera support will then be included in the next round of updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe still provides Camera Raw updates as a free service to users 

last time I checked it is a part of what we pay for ... so drop this "free" service line

PS: if you want to stick with "free" - then use Adobe DNG Converter - there you might have a point, with ACR/LR - you don't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, fair comment. Thanks.

"Free service" applied iin the Creative Suite days. Now it's included in the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that it's actually the camera manufacturers causing this problem due to their lack of in-camera support for DNG.

it was noted multiple times alternative raw converters supported A7R5 raws in 1-2 days... so no it is not DNG, it is Adobe taking time to release not just in time ( like they can ) but on their schedule ( like they want )  ... Also case in point Canon R6 mk II was supported before it went on sale 🙂 and guess what - w/o DNG ... 

now waiting for (removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John,

But I didnt realise I was asking you the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I didnt realise I was asking you the question.

You're posting in a public forum. I thought you might appreciate a response in case your question went unanswered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ranjisha.

Where in Adobe community can I find updated news concerning this topic ?

Do you have a link ?

Merry Christmas 🎅🏻

Regards Lars 🙏🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just got added finally 🙂

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought the new Sony alpha 7 V and I realized that Lightroom classic does not allow import the ARW raw files of the camera. Any news on that? Given that the new version of LrC has just been released, I guess we need to wait...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Release dates are never published or announced in advance. However, I suspect that model will probably be supported in the next update. Updates are typically released about four times each year. I don't work for Adobe, and have no inside information.. So there is no "news" to report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Updates are typically released about four times each year."

Every 8 weeks on average.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are ridicolous ... they are deleting lots of post talking about new Sony RAW support ... and never give an answer to customer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are ridicolous ... they are deleting lots of post talking about new Sony RAW support ... and never give an answer to customer. 

By @Stefano2722563482t6

That is not correct (ridiculous), and further, the answer is clear and at the top of all other threads here. One answer is a year old!

8F2E09C7-68B7-4F4F-859D-82B1FFFD43EE.jpeg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,
when will we get raw support for the Sony FX30?
Thanks and regards Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sony FX30 isn't currently supported by LR / ACR:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

It was announced in September and released in late October. LR 12.0 was released on October 18.

Support for a new camera from a leading manufacturer typically comes in the LR release following the release of the camera or, less frequently, the second following release.  A new version of LR comes out about every 8 weeks, so we might expect to see LR 12.1 mid-December. (I have no inside information on this, and Adobe never announces such things ahead of time.)

Meanwhile, you can use Sony's software to convert raws to TIFFs and import those into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download trial Capture One for the time being. Full suport A7RV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always amazed at the other Raw development programs such as e.g. 
Affinity Photo does not need an update for this and can develop any raw.
This hoopla that Adobe does to every raw annoys me.
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hoopla that Adobe does to every raw annoys me.
Regards

By @OdiugOdiug

You wouldn't be annoyed, and Adobe (and all others, despite differing release schedules, wouldn't have to do anything) IF the camera manufacturers would stop making proprietary raws for each camera release. But sure, get annoyed at Adobe if that makes you feel better. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity Photo still needs to be updated for new camera models.

The list of supported cameras is here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/73699-faq-list-of-supported-raw-cameras-110x-for-d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity Photo still needs to be updated for new camera models.

The list of supported cameras is here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/73699-faq-list-of-supported-raw-cameras-110x-for-d...

By @John Waller

Absolutely correct! Like every software manufacturer that handles a proprietary raw. 

Speaking of Affinity Photo, when will they support the Sony a7Rv? 😂

Or the Sony FX30? 😁 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when photoshop will support the Sony a7Rv?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines