• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where news/announcements are made:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw/ct-p/ct-camera-raw?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang=all&tab...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See that version 8.1 is now available and the iPad version reads RAW files without any problems 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on when to expect an update to support RAW files for Sony A7r5?  The camera is basically useless to me until they do.  I know there is a workaround that converts the file (one at a time) to appear as if it is a a7rIV file (and that does work, BTW), but is there an automated workaround to convert hundreds of files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh. This is being asked and answered time after time, and the answer is always the same. Be patient. People who know this are not allowed to tell you because of the NDA they signed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never provides the date in advance of when new features will be added. You will have to be patient, and you will find out at the same time that all of us find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

87E40938-1E8C-42E5-A0C5-08E82ADED64C.jpeg

 This version already supports RAW files from A7RIV, this is today's update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 This version already supports RAW files from A7RIV, this is today's update.

By @Marek Stachowiak

Before some people (continue) to freak out, a rollout of new products from Adobe through ACC can take some time by design; IOW, today may be tomorrow! 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just received an update and it works now!

Cameras supported by Camera Raw (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just search back a couple of pages. I posted the workaround for folders (multiple images)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,
I've converted the new SONY a7Rv RAW files into a7Riv files using the exiftool [ exiftool -sonymodelid="ILCE-7RM4" -ext ARW -r ]. It successfully changes the data but I still cannot import the RAW files into Lightroom. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait for LrC v12.1, and hope.

ahh, and their it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Wait for LrC v12.1, and hope."

Right on cue -- LR 12.1 was just released and it supports the Sony A7R V:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team, This camera is out allready for a month now, is there any sight on an update so we can use Lightroom Classic to work with the RAW files of this body type? Version 12.1 (update 3 days ago) isn't recognizing the RAWS.  

Thanks, kind regards Wendy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you state RAW, but I need to ask, that was the ARW file corect?

Not, by mistake, the HEF (HEIF) raster format, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct! the ARW files. I haven't used HEF (HEIF) yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This web page says the A7RV is supported.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

What happens, please explain in detail, when the RAW is not recognized. If necessary, please show us a screen capture by using the "Insert Photo" icon (do NOT attach files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks a lot! I was just re testing and now I noticed that the JPEGS and the ARW's were imported and not only the JPEG's. Me happy! Thank you and appologies for the inconvenience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open raw2 files from my panasonic lumix s5mk2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera model doesn't yet appear in the list of supported cameras: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Presumably support will be available in a future Lightroom update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I just received my Panasonic S5 II. I'm happuy but... Lightroom won't open the RAW files 😞

I there anything to do or do I "just" have to wait Lightroom next update?

Any other software would open them?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you just have to wait for an update to come along with the required raw support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, you can install Silkypix Developer Studio SE, open the S5 II Raw files and export them as TIFFs which Lightroom can read.

https://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/p/product/manual/man0011.html

Ensure you keep the Raw files for when the update for Lightroom is released which will enable Lightroom to read them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know when Camera Raw will be updated to be able to process raw files from Panasonic Lumix s5 mark 2? It was released in January 2023 so it's still pretty new. Does it usually take a long time? I had just assumed (I shouldn't have) that the raw files would be the exact same as the previous model, the S5. And I now have a bunch of raws I can't edit, far from ideal! 

Can anyone recommend a workaround in the meantime? Some way of converting these Panasonic Lumix S5ii raw files to a format that is readable by Adobe? 

Thanks in advance? Fingers crossed... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We currently don't have an ETA for the specific camera. We're aware that the compatibility of this camera is much needed.

Check this conversation to learn more about the usual timelines: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-raw-file-support-requests-amp-information-ne...

You can check this page in the next update for Lightroom Classic & Camera Raw to know the cameras that get added: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to reply Sameer, hopefully it will be in the next update (and hopefully it won't be long!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines